Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

Anyone try My Traffic 6 yet?

No one said that the WoAI or freeware stuff is wrong or rough. It's the users that decide to try MyTraffic and then return to what they had before due to the poor models and paints only to be told that there is nothing wrong with the MyTraffic models etc.

To some, maybe there isn't anything wrong with what they see in the models and paints. But to those that are used to far better, these just don't cut it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Dave,

I'm not disputing the Ai you showed are nice looking. What package is that?

How long did it take you to install the whole Ai package you have?

And how much time per month do you spend making sure the flights and aircraft are correct?

You'll probably know (as you have bought and tried it) is MTX takes around 5-10 mins to install and configure and I spend zero minutes per month on maintenance.

I'd rather fly than spend excessive time getting Ai realistic. In reality you'll be chasing your tail.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I know where you're going Ray, and that's not the issue at all. It's about the quality of what you are seeing while flying.

Just to answer the question though. What I use for AI isn't a package at all, it's a compilation of custom work created by AI hobbyist's. I don't ever check that flights or paints are correct as that is done in the beta testing of the plans and painting.

Answered before as well, is that I do put time into adding paints and updating plans etc. It's a bit of work that doesn't take long but you get to reap the rewards of seeing actual good traffic.

Well.... Daves stuff does look superb. It does look better than MT6.

But

As a MT6 user I still love it. I'm no longer bothered about ultra realistic airline scheds. All I want is a quick easy install and airports that look like they are alive with reasonable models. Well I think they are :-)

That's what MT6 gives me..... I've been a MT user for years and never had reason to complain.

Does all of the WOAI stuff work under DX10?, if it does I might give it a try

Does all of the WOAI stuff work under DX10?, if it does I might give it a try

Steve's fixer installed, yes it does

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Nick, without a doubt, if you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

Glynn, keep in mind, it's not just WoAI stuff. Those are the very basics just to get you going. If you want to get good quality AI in your system, it can take some work, but the payoff is well worth it. Honestly, what you put into it you get back in droves. Taking 5-10 minutes to install MyT6 you do get world wide AI coverage, but its very basic stuff and doesn't look so good COMPARED to ( this COMPARED to part seems to mystify many for some reason) what you get with the freeware route.

As lovely as WOAI is, with the exception of a few business jets, it does nothing for GA aircraft. 

I have and use to some degree WOAI, My Traffic, and UT2.  All, of which are visually better than the available AI Cessnas, Pipers, etc. that are sitting at the same airfields.

Currently I use MT6, supplemented by UT2 for GA.  UT2 allows me to easily add aircraft to the repaints so that I can have more of a variety of GA aircraft. 

I also have some WOAI Cargo and GA aircraft/flightplans installed that turn on and off as desired as well as the Orbx freeware aircraft.

That gives me plenty of options for air traffic, which is more important to me than visual quality.

Ernest Pergrem

I have been using World of AI and it's great but so many of the packages of my favorite airlines are very out dated. No BA A380's and so on. I am seriously considering giving MyTraffic 6 a try.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Nick, without a doubt, if you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

Glynn, keep in mind, it's not just WoAI stuff. Those are the very basics just to get you going. If you want to get good quality AI in your system, it can take some work, but the payoff is well worth it. Honestly, what you put into it you get back in droves. Taking 5-10 minutes to install MyT6 you do get world wide AI coverage, but its very basic stuff and doesn't look so good COMPARED to ( this COMPARED to part seems to mystify many for some reason) what you get with the freeware route.

Dave, could you give us a summary of what packages you use, and a quick guide to installing them, for those who would like a setup like yours?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

I actually don't have any WoAI left in my system aside for maybe some very early military work they did. There's no real package or even group of packages, everything is available from Alpha India group, FAIB, Flying Carpet Hub, Juergens paint hangar, JCAI, and Kaese2002..  Most of the models, repaints and plans are available here in the avsim library. One of the best and most important tools for AI is AIFP, it enables you to add in new plans as well as download and install repaints automatically. There is a learning curve to it without a doubt, but the pay off is well worth it in terms of what you see in the sim.

Just a note: what some people often forget is the fact that most payware traffic addons, including MT6, easily allow the replacement of their models with more accurate ones such as the FAIB series. It still takes some effort and time to adjust it like that, but the benefits of the payware software can be combined with good looking AI traffic like that. Me, as an example, use UT2 for some years now but I would say that 80% of my traffic is now based on models from FAIB etc, UT2 only serves as traffic tool now providing the flightplans etc.

About the DX10 issue: the last time I was bothered about this, it was due to the fact that some sceneries make FS9 based AI models turn invisible using DX10, even with the fixer. I then continously replaced all my AI models with FSX native models to circumvent this issue and now I did not check again for about 2 years. Could be, that the DX10 Fixer now also addresses this issue, but I doubt.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

That's exactly what I did for a while. I used the FAIB models for some of the MY T 5 and 6 models. It really isn't worth the effort. First you have to hunt down all the FAIB liveries for each model, as they are all over the internet. Then you have to change all the aircraft cfg files. Lastly, then you have to worry about whether when you get a CTD, is that because I did all that meddling?

I have MT6 coming from UT2 and WOAI.  The models are honestly not the best, very angular and primitive in my opinion.  I also don't like that the landing gear is retracted until you get quite close to the aircraft.  Only other complaint is that under DX10 the Fixer the bloom from these aircraft is really high...they look radioactive even when turning down the settings on the fixer.  That's the negative, the positive is that you do get updated liveries, flight plans and parking so for that reason I am keeping it on my system for now.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000