Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

Anyone try My Traffic 6 yet?

But I live close to Manchester Airport and as we only have one A380 service a day (very recently a second was added) then it's quite disappointing not to see that flight when it's been active for over 5 years.

Ray, now you have been in touch with Burkhard I would be very surprised if your two A380 flights are not in 6.0a when it eventually surfaces.

If, however, there was a particularly distinctive local visitor like your A380, I might feel differently about it.

I live 3 miles from EGCC and can see them on approach from my property. And it's the world's largest passenger aircraft so it is different to all other Airbuses and Boeings.

In general, and speaking to all participants - can we agree that we care about different aspects of AI and have different ways we like to install it, without sniping at or condescending to each other?

I hope you're not accusing me of any of that. :unsure:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

FYI, I'm (attempting) to use it in Steam.  Nothing but CTD after installing the program; this was my fear.  Sliders are about 30% for air carrier & 20% for GA.

Uninstalling.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I sprung for it.

Initially, after install and setting it up, I bumped up my AI sliders (they had been sitting at zero) and loaded up the Hawaiian airport I had last landed at.  And man o' man was there a lot of planes. As in, no parking spaces left.  And then I realized that the scenery packages I'd been using contained their own AI... :blush:

So after figuring that out and turning those files off, I can say that so far, so good.

It doesn't compare to my FS9 install of intricately hand-assembled AI covering almost every commercial operator in Canada, nor does it compare to the FAIB models that I had installed with custom schedules in my current FSX, but it was a whole lot easier.  ^_^   And perfect for those exploratory flights in new-to-me regions where I would never ever be bothered to hand-install perfect looking AI.

For the money paid, I'm more than pleased.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I live 3 miles from EGCC and can see them on approach from my property.

Those would definitely make an impression.

I hope you're not accusing me of any of that.

Nope - as stated, a general request, not a specific drive-by shooting...  B)

Ray, adding those missing Emirates flights to EGCC was pretty simple. Added as a weekly return that comes and goes on schedule. 2 A388's and the 1 B77W.

2015-4-13_16-30-44-541_zpsj9lyzo2u.jpg

2015-4-13_16-31-58-764_zpsuslmu5m8.jpg

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Well I'm far from happy. The first thing I did was to check if the Emirates A380 arrives at EGCC as it has been doing in the real world for the last 5 years. And no, it doesn't despite there being a gate large enough to accommodate it.

Given the real world schedules have been updated to Feb 2015 and this is a major airline flying into England's 3rd busiest airport I would have expected to see it.

On top of that the instructions for trying to add a new schedule (flight) have not been updated from previous versions and screenshots don't match what I see. Help within the program is virtually non-existent. If you exit the database editor and haven't saved your changes it will just exit and you lose the lot.

If you create a new database you have to add the file extension otherwise it ends up with none. It's not added automatically.

There are spelling mistakes in some of the menu items too. The interface is particularly awful but I could live with that if I didn't want to add a flight.

So, no. Not very impressed at all.

I have splashed out for most versions of My Traffic X and, despite UT2 being an abandoned product, I always return to UT2.  I like what the My Traffic X author has tried to do over the years and I support him by trying out his latest (the current promotional price is hard to beat).  However, I've not yet installed this latest version, but Ray's feedback is calibrating my expectations.  My Traffic X nearly always falls short of UT2.  However, since My Traffic X is supporting both FSX;SE (which is obviously what I'd move to on my next rebuild or build, AND supports P3D (which I've concluded is too pricey in the end), it would seem like Burkhard (sp?) is worth my continued support.

I'll install it this weekend, but likely uninstall it after invariably encountering what Ray mentions above.  I've gone through that cycle so many times.  Conversely, the nit-picking of getting custom schedules into UT2 can be cumbersome, but the tools are more professional.  Also, having UT2 follow flight plans is always preferable.

Thanks for this report Ray.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Been running UT2 for years and very happy with the aircraft quality and paints and fps, couple of questions, are the aircraft, paints as good in MT6 as they are in UT2? schedule wise UT2 is way to difficult to add to, for me anyway, so in short updated schedules in MX6, excellent but is the quality and A1 animations as good as UT2?

Thx Rod.

are the aircraft, paints as good in MT6 as they are in UT2? schedule wise UT2 is way to difficult to add to, for me anyway, so in short updated schedules in MX6, excellent but is the quality and A1 animations as good as UT2?

Not even close to what you see in UT2 for the majority of the airline traffic. There are some common models between UT2 and MyTraffic (A380, Beech1900, Embraer ERJ's and CRJ's) and they look pretty gross but with either addon you can replace them with better freeware ai models if you choose. Schedule wise the ones in MyTraffic may be sort of based on realistic scheds, but is really far from it. If you're happy with UT2 overall, this isn't a reason to leave it. If you are on the fence, the current price may be worth it just to have a look and formulate your own call.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks Dave, yep was standing on the fence but I just took a step backwards, may have to spend a bit more time trying to understand the update process of adding updated schedules to UT2.

Thx Rod.

Hows the FPS hit? I need traffic in p3dv2!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

How do you get rid of the default aircraft traffic using this add-on? Im seeing it mixed with the MT6 aircraft taking up gate and ramp space.

How do you get rid of the default aircraft traffic using this add-on? Im seeing it mixed with the MT6 aircraft taking up gate and ramp space.

In the Communicator, under the menu "Manage FSX" (or "Manage FSX Steam Edition" if that's you), select "Disable FSX default AI traffic."

If you want to do it by hand, go to the FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder, find the file named "trafficaircraft.bgl," and rename it to something like "trafficaircraft.off"  MyTraffic names it "trafficaircraft.bgl.passive," so you could use that, too.

In earlier editions of MyTraffic the renaming was automatic, but version 6 gives us the option of keeping default traffic live.

Hope this is helpful.

Does anyone know how MT6 is regarding this annoying fact that using DX10 mode leads to invisible AI traffic models on some airports? I did convert some of my AI traffic models manually to FSX-native models, but it was a pain and it did not work out that well, e.g. the props look terrible. I was wondering if MT6 provides a nice set of FSX-native GA models, might be worth buying for the GA traffic only. Can anyone provide some screens of GA traffic?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Ray, adding those missing Emirates flights to EGCC was pretty simple. Added as a weekly return that comes and goes on schedule. 2 A388's and the 1 B77W.

Dave, thanks for providing those screenshots and the PM. Rather than you send me the modified file could you detail the steps you took to add the flights? That way others may be able to benefit too.

I have started a thread on Burkhard's support forum and he did give me some pointers but naturally his time has been taken up with other posts. I did read through the extensive instructions but couldn't find a way to do what you've described. Maybe it's my age but I usually manage to work these things out but on this occasion failed. :(

Thanks for this report Ray.

Jeff, This was the first time I've tried to add a flight using the MTX tools. If you are happy to accept the package as it is then I would still recommend it. Its only failings as far as I was concerned were the traffic editor and instructions.

The installation went fine and Ai traffic appeared without problem. Because I upgraded from 5.2c I did have to manually remove that folder and edit scenery.cfg to remove the old entry as well as add the new one. But that is pretty straight-forward stuff for most of us.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather