ut5.png

ut6.png

ut8.png

ut9.png

ut10.png

ut11.png

ut12.png

ut13.png

....heading out over the lake, with Cleveland, Ohio on the radio...

ut14.png

ut15.png

ut16.png

....and the cockpit goes 'sterile' until 10,000ft....   Myrtle Beach (and seafood) here we come!~

Very nice shots!  Are you using HDE V2 sky textures?

No Maurice, a set from REX2004 OverDrive edition.

Sky Theme: Testing Testing

Cloud set: Cumulus 59 OD

Beautiful shots of FS9!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Beautiful shots of FS9!

Thanks Pug. I'm FS9-binging at the moment.  It's getting better looking each and every day, that I tune, add, tweak, and twack.  It's starting to rival and nip at the heels of FSX!  FSX...watch OUT!  Watch your 'six'...lol. The biggest part of my time is experimenting with mixing ground texture sets of what I own. I found that you can certainly do this, by placing each one from various packages by hand into the World/Texture Folder, and then fire up FS9...see if it will accept it, (not crash) and then check out in different areas and seasons, if it is accepted, and what it looks like. I am getting closer to what I see pretty much in FSX, in the way of rural farm land, of which I am mostly focused on. It is there, that I think visually, is the greatest impact to be had, only second to enhanced Tree textures, of which there are available. I'm working with a set right now...and I think it looks good. No, belay that, the trees look GREAT! Trial and error. It is a slow go. Some things work...and some others clearly do not. Where I am having some clash, crash and burn, is in city and town depictions.  I am working mostly with B.E.V. (as I think this product has the best, most clear and good looking 1024 field boundary textures around) and you can mix HUNDREDS of files into your own themes...as this was a prime feature of the graphic package when first put on the market. A lot of work went into this...and you can really (for not being a graphic artist!) put together some things that starts to look downright FSX/ORBX'ish!  

As stated, each package has their own version of what towns and city graphics should look like..and when you start mixing tiles..you can get the odd mismatch. I am locking this pretty much down as well..but it takes time to view each texture...and jig-saw it next to another city/town tile to make sure it looks good, or as good as it gets. I have to tell you though...my copy of FS9 is starting to look HOT! :))))))))))  Like I said..it's banging on FSX's front door...lol.

Look at my picture '8' for city textures...for that is what I am getting more and more visualized as I fly over vast areas. I think it looks great! 

ORBX needs to make a product for FS9, (if ever they might...mostly looks like they don't give a rat's-fig) but until they do (if ever...and not holding my breath)...I am finding that with some work...trial and error, you can make your ground textures look amazing----like ORBX stuff.  When I finally settle upon what I like...I am going to make a system image copy...and that will be that...no more fiddling around. (I will then make a back-up of the World Texture Folder...and keep that as my 'custom blend'.) I am closer to the finish line...that the starting line in that regard!

Post Edit: BTW, if you would like to fiddle around with ground textures yourself, it is imperative that you keep a written account of what you are doing...and from what texture set package (that you paid for...) you are placing your mix and match from...because they all have the same file names. No matter, GE Pro, BEV, free-ware, ...they all need to be named the same, so FS9 knows what to call.  Have a working folder of which is on your Desktop...and mix and match from that one...then INJECT into the actual working Scenery/World/Texture folder to see what you are 'painting'.  It works. If you like your building 'theme'/combo....KEEP A BACK-UP COPY on your DeskTop.   Trust me...one wrong file added from any package, can totally dump your 'texture recipe'.....and DON'T ASK!   LOLOLOL.

Post Edit: Having fun mixing aircraft  era's as well. Here I am about to start my roll at KDTW (Detroit Metro) and what pull up behind me....well...see for yourself, that good looking girl named; 'Connie'! :)

twa.png

twa2.png

Cheers!

Ses

Hey Mitch, how's me ol' smilin' mucker*!? :smile:

Great pics - is that the iFly 737 you're flying in the FS9 there?

*British Engling slang for "buddy"  :wink:

Hey Mitch, how's me ol' smilin' mucker*!? :smile:

Great pics - is that the iFly 737 you're flying in the FS9 there?

*British Engling slang for "buddy"   :wink:

Hey Craig, you look good...a bit yellow LOL...but you project that 'get er done' persona! :)))))))))

No..that is actually a Posky freeware offering. I do have the iFly..and should get it on the tarmac.  I just wanted to fly WestJet with a  stock instrument panel...and 'get er up, quickly.

Nice.

nebojsa

Thanks!  Having fun...truly having fun at this...FS9 and myself are becoming real buds....and the feeling is mutual!!!

No Maurice, a set from REX2004 OverDrive edition.

Sky Theme: Testing Testing

Cloud set: Cumulus 59 OD

Thanks.  It looks great.  I don't have REX OD yet.  Will get it in the future and take advantage of the discount since I already have the regular REX.

Thanks.  It looks great.  I don't have REX OD yet.  Will get it in the future and take advantage of the discount since I already have the regular REX.

I do believe that you can upgrade....it was so long ago, that frankly I forget, but thought so...

I do believe that you can upgrade....it was so long ago, that frankly I forget, but thought so...

Interesting.  I'll have a look at my order.  I did get a free upgrade to REX Essential Plus for FSX in my user account over at FSS.