Sign in to follow this  
ST1322

777 and PFPX load sheet question

Hi. I have a question related to loading 777 according to PFPX load sheets. In PFPX I can see two fields related to weights:

1. Cargo

2. Payload

After I sed number of pax payload rises, this is clear. Then I add let's say 20000 lbs of cargo. Payload increases again. Let's say cargo is 20000 lbs, payload with pax is 10000 lbs which gives me a total of 30000 lbs.

Now, how should I load this into 777. When I go to pax section of fmc loader, every time I increase number of pax there weight increases. Then I load cargo. How should I do it, should I load total payload calculated by PFPX or should I load pax and cargo separately? I can see that PFPX calculates average number of baggage that pax carry on. What does 777 do?

Hope someone can bring some light into this issue. Up to now I was mainly using 777F and there it's preety straight forward as payload matches my cargo numbers.

Tom Link

It's all weight: as long as the ZFW is the same as that you have planned in PFPX, the performance will be accurate.

Doesn't matter whether it's a tonne of bricks or a tonne of feathers (or, in this case, a tonne of boxes or a tonne of people): a tonne is still a tonne.

Once you have a final payload as shown on the OFP beside ZFW PLN such as 476800 pounds enter 476.8 on the scratchpad of the PERF INIT page, select it up to Left Line 3. There's you ZFW in the FMC. Like Simon said, that's all the plane cares about.

If I understand you correct, then I can simply forget about pax and cargo loading in the fmc?

Tom Link

Yup, that's what I do.  The pilot only needs to know how many souls on board when declaring an emergency. Otherwise, weight is weight.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'll give it a try today. One more question. I usually load perf page thru automated link. Then I have option to either accept or modify. I guess I'll have to modify and insert values myself? Correct?

Tom Link

I guess I'll have to modify and insert values myself? Correct?

Accept, then modify, yes.

Also - full names in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers