Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Milton's Beech 18 is out!

Milton, thanks for that. You know those guys from Virginia... They can be led to water, but whether they drink or not is open to debate. GO HOOS! :)

Guest Milton

LOL Tom :-)I resemble that remark having roots in the Virginia Commonwealth. Think Swords Creek, Saltville, and Coeburn ;-) I love Virginia; she is a beautiful state.

Let me just add my "thank you" to the chorus. I just downloaded it and flew a couple of circuits, and I cannot believe how enjoyable this plane is to hand-fly. It feels appropriately "weighty" but flies very smooth.The VC is top-notch. As mentioned, payware quality, and the gauge refresh is pretty smooth.Great work, and thank you.(If anyone mucking about with the source code would care to add reflections or a bit of grime to the cockpit glass, I think the immersion factor would be complete for me).

>Milton, thanks for that. You know those guys from Virginia...>They can be led to water, but whether they drink or not is>open to debate. GO HOOS! :)Oh Lord, it's a Wahoo. One that's sober enough to post, even. :)GO DUKES! (JMU '87)Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest delta_one

This is one real nice airplane ! just noticed probably a tooltip typo on the panel -- when you hover your mouse over the low fuel warning lights the tooltip appears but indicates 'right low fuel warn' on both. is there a way to change it to say 'left low fuel warn' as well ?

I recently made a post about my preference for photo-realistic 2d panels over fuzzy artwork vc's. However, if all 2d panels and vc's were up to the standard of this Beech 18 I would glady eat my words. This aircraft demonstrates that it is possible to have the best of both worlds. My congratulations to the development team.

>However, if>all 2d panels and vc's were up to the standard of this Beech>18 I would glady eat my words. On the downside, when flying the 18 I am constantly wondering why my TrackIR isn't working only to realize that I am in the 2d panel rather than the VC. The gauge quality in the VC is so good that I am easily fooled.Guess that isn't much of a downside ;)

A comment about the sounds for this great airplane. I have found this sound package very satisfying by Des Braban."Douglas DC-3 Sound package......Des Braban, driver.des@btinternet.com"You can find it here in AVSIM's library by searching his name.The flaps sound more electric when compared to the default DC3 that sound more pneumatic to me. One minor point. The interior cockpit engine sound, on my system, had an annoying click every 3 to 4 seconds in the loop. I solved this by turning down the treble in the sound control panel.

Guest Blazer

HI..Nice vid and the music was good also..After viewing vid...decided to add this to the livery and fly around the Caribbean. Thanks...TH

Guest Milton

Thanks to all of you for taking time to share the kudos. We really appreciate that.I got a bit bored taking a break from the project so I jumped back in to set up a cargo version since many have asked. Shown is the initial testing so some changes are in order.This will be an upgrade to the existing package, a model folder and a few textures added.It should be ready by Saturday. :-)

Guest Zevious Zoquis

oh that's sweet. :) Thanks Milton...

Guest JimC1702

Yep, looks awesome. Thanks!Jim

Guest Bob I

Nice Bug Smasher, great work. How hard is it to get rid of the deicer boots between the engine and the fuselage? Not there in the real world. Are you having any luck finding a sound package for a P&W 985-14? Waiting for the cargo version.....Regards,Bob I.......... in sunny Florida with another @#&^%$# hurricane comming.

Guest Milton

The deicers inboard were added late as one of the two source aircraft had them there. Mine did not.The sound package is being worked on.Cargo version is in beta.