Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

Eaglesoft Citation X V2

"let's get someone top notch on the X ...."

Thanks Elliot. Actually just received paperwork back from the talented individual who is our choice for the CX Extreme 3.0 project. That is a bit of a milestone. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

No problem.

Yeah, post them here is fine (Jim will move them to a different forum if appropriate).

Happy to help.  Also, one of the guys (Grant) in our group is REALLY competent in the X, you might consider dropping by our voice server and talking to him when he's around.  Note:  Sometimes the guys forget to log off, so if it says he's online and he doesn't respond... he's not ignoring you.  He has a real world flight schedule to contend with.

OK Dave, here is my first problem:-

I am trying to get the Citation X to capture an altitude both in the climb or in the descent (I do not have the FMS programmed).

I have the aircraft set as follows before I initiate a climb or decent.

'HDG' and 'ALT' buttons illuminated and the aircraft is in straight and level flight and will follow the heading bug.

To start an ascent, I select the desired altitude with the 'ALT SEL' knob, then I turn off the 'ALT' button and increase the throttles to climb. Using the 'NOSE UP' trim wheel I set the desired vertical speed.

The aircraft starts to climb but always levels off just short of the desired altitude (sometimes by as much as 500ft) and the 'ALT' button does not illuminate!

BEFORE I START A DESCENT OR A CLIMB I HAVE TO ENSURE THAT THE 'ALT' BUTTON IS ILLUMINATED OTHERWISE THE A/C APPEARS TO DO NOTHING

To start a descent, I select the desired altitude with the 'ALT SEL' knob, then I turn off the 'ALT' button and decrease the throttles to descend. Using the 'NOSE DN' trim wheel I set the desired descent speed.

The aircraft starts to descend but always levels off just short of the desired altitude (sometimes by as much as 500ft) and the 'ALT' button does not illuminate!

Further testing shows that the higher the altitude I am trying to capture the more the aircraft falls short of the desired altitude!!! i.e desired altitude 15000 actual 15460

Am I doing things correctly? Why is the a/c not capturing the desired altitude?

Can you do a climbing right or left turn with the autopilot or must it be hand flown?

Can you do a descending right or left turn with the autopilot or must it be hand flown?

Regards Colin

Colin, we don't offer product support here. Register and login to our support forums to access CX 2.0 support.

There is a learning curve to this aircraft. We suggest that you avail yourself of the help offered by DaveCT2003 up thread... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'll offer that... yes, you're doing several things very incorrectly. However, as Ron stated... Eaglesoft doesn't do support at AVSIM.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Never tried to paint a Carenado have you?

Funniest thing I've read all day! :lol: They're a complete pain in the posterior

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

So there are plans for a Citation X 3.0? 

I'm in.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So there are plans for a Citation X 3.0?

I'm in.

Thanks Ryan. Work is commenceing according to new staff scheduling. CX750 Extreme 3.0 will be a new purchase package. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Fine with me...  still one of the sexiest planes alive.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'll offer a contrarian opinion. I fly the Eaglesoft X and I have a ton of hours on it. It's a great product as is. To me the graphics are just fine I would be concerned that with a graphics upgrade we may get in the situation where VAS management becomes an issue, as it is on the new Carenado S550.

Just a thought.....

As Dave mentioned in a earlier reply, I am regularly on our voice server and will happliy offer any asistance I can, in terms of the issue you mentioned:

'HDG' and 'ALT' buttons illuminated and the aircraft is in straight and level flight and will follow the heading bug.

To start an ascent, I select the desired altitude with the 'ALT SEL' knob, then I turn off the 'ALT' button and increase the throttles to climb. Using the 'NOSE UP' trim wheel I set the desired vertical speed.

The aircraft starts to climb but always levels off just short of the desired altitude (sometimes by as much as 500ft) and the 'ALT' button does not illuminate!

At the current time, the only thing's I can think of is the known issue with the VATSIM Wx, can you tell me if you are using any version of Active Sky or are you just using the VATSIM upload through a program such as FSinn? Other than that the other thing could be a issue with weight and the opt crz altitude

I will be on the server most of the day today and will think of anything else that could cause this issue.

I'll offer a contrarian opinion. I fly the Eaglesoft X and I have a ton of hours on it. It's a great product as is. To me the graphics are just fine I would be concerned that with a graphics upgrade we may get in the situation where VAS management becomes an issue, as it is on the new Carenado S550.

Just a thought.....

A ton of hours WITHOUT VAS Issues is exactly what the CX Extreme 3.0 will deliver as well.

Concerns about VAS usage are something we avoid and will continue to deliver products which do not cause folks concerns.

The Carenado VAS comparison is really not necessary.. :unsure:

The xls+ looks awesome, I'm definitely on board!

Thanks OWK53

As Dave mentioned in a earlier reply, I am regularly on our voice server and will happliy offer any asistance I can, in terms of the issue you mentioned:

At the current time, the only thing's I can think of is the known issue with the VATSIM Wx, can you tell me if you are using any version of Active Sky or are you just using the VATSIM upload through a program such as FSinn? Other than that the other thing could be a issue with weight and the opt crz altitude

I will be on the server most of the day today and will think of anything else that could cause this issue.

Thanks GS B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm currently in a flight with the Citation X  from Van Nuys (KVNY) to Honolulu (PHNL)

I set the initial climb to 43,000 in the VNAV with no issues, further down the route I performed a step-climb with the V-Speed (+700fpm) to 45,000 again no issues, both times the aircraft has levelled off at the assigned altitudes. The only thing I noticed being off was the standby altimeter which I program to the next alternate field's pressure setting.