Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Must have add-ons for P3D 2.5?

I haven't been around in a long time, but wanted to get back into flight simming. I eventually plan to retire and uninstall FSX once and for good off my system and use P3D and X-Plane.

So with that being said. What's new in the P3D world besides v2.5? I would like to start fresh and wanted to know what the must have add-ons for P3D are? Here's what I know so far:

Weather: Active Sky Next or OpusFSX

FSUIPC

REX 4 Textures

Rex Soft Clouds

Rex Essentials + Overdrive

PMDG 737/777

OrbX Vector, Global, Airports, Landclass, Regions

Professional Flight Planner X

FSDT Ground Service X

Megascenery

EZDOK

FS2Crew for PMDG 777/737

Mindstar Garmin 1000 and GNS430/530

Carenado Planes for P3D

Aerosoft Airbus X

MyTraffic 6

Am I missing anything else?

Which one is better for weather in P3D? OpusFSX or ASN?

Why are there so many REX packages, do they all do different things? Or should I install all 3 for the best experience?

And also which would be better for scenery, using OrbX or photoreal such as Megascenery? Only thing I'm concerned about is flying at night with megascenery, you won't get night lighting, unless they have updated that. I've been out of the flight simming for a long time, so if you guys can fill me in. I'd appreciate it greatly!

Thanks again.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I like ASN, one click and its Maintanance free. I only know and use Orbtx. My aircraft of choice is anything by A2A Simulations, I use EMT to port over the older A2A stuff.

With MT6 i would recommend using

Air traffic Manager. http://www.mediafire...X-P3D Radar.zip

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I agree on ASN and ORBX, however that last one is a bit apples and peaches. Personally, I like to fly low and slow, thus ORBX is just proper for me. I have a 500 GB Intel SSD for flight simulaton only which holds all P3D + nearly the complete ORBX collection + some airports and more.

Megascenery comes without nightlighting and autogen. That last one is a KO criterion for me. I don't live in a pankake world. Besides, I bought Megascenery Germany which has horrible color transitions between tiles and cloud fields. Collects dust now. (There should be better areas, though.) Besides, be prepared to have TB of disk space (preferred SSD) handy if you go the photo scenery route.

On the other hand, well-done photoscenery including night lighting + autogen is hard to beat in terms of visual quality. Earthsimulations had this. And went out of business.

As a last remark: Do yourself a favor and add add-ons gradually. Just installing all your list without careful checking in-between at once is a safe guarantee for one-digit fps, stutters, blurries, and all the devil's work.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Dave can you use this with ultimate traffic 2 - thought I read you cant - thank you

No Idea Rich, Here might help you?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451048-traffic-optimizer-for-p3d/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks guys, that saves a lot of trouble for me then. I guess I'll just stick with OrbX and rule out photoscenery. 

Do you guys use FS Global for meshes in P3D?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes, I'd suggest ORBX compatible edition. Probably the best way to make sure things fit together. Ulimate is only marginally better but eats 100 GB of disk space and is much more expensive.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The optimizer doesn't work with UT2. However, UT2 comes with its own tools (in-game settings) for optimizing traffic (AI radius, number of planes...) working pretty well.

Downside is UT2 is dead after the developer got lost in space. No new airlines, flight plans, fixes or anything else.

Kind regards, Michael

The optimizer doesn't work with UT2. However, UT2 comes with its own tools (in-game settings) for optimizing traffic (AI radius, number of planes...) working pretty well.

Thanks Mike just read threw 14 pages should have checked back here first

Rich Sennett

Carenado is great for boot-up-and-fly sessions. I own a ton of them and fly a few of them quite often. But do yourself a favor and pick up the A2A 172, 182, or Cherokee if you want the deepest experience possible in P3D. If I had to recommend one plane, and one only - A2A Cherokee wins by a longshot.

Jeez guys n gals!

Y'all forgot the RAS Lancair, AND the glorious Duke Turbine v2 with....yes ya gotta pay for 'em the GTN 750s which park in the Duke oh so luverly...and;

Give OpusFSI cameras AND weather a shot! And;

Ya gotta give the new Airbuses 318-321 from Aerosoft kudos AND;

Aivlasoft's EFB should be in your kit for;

flight Planning, radio tuning, departure, SIDS & STARS routing, approach, to arrival info and self generated charts, and imported checklists...30 Day free full demo, I believe AND;

Try the wonderful FSIPanel for repeated approach training.

oh and I am on the monetary fence on FSCommander, because I believe, it's the only SIDS & STARS flight planner that gives you a graphical representation of the SIDS & STARS to select the one you want without having to look up each departure and approach plate...., although the Aivlasoft's WILL SUGGEST the right SIDS & STARS based on real weather and Rwy preference...Navigraph coupling, I believe.

Orbx New Zealand is superb!!!

Any more Guys n Gals?...

BTW I would sell my kit and refuse to fly without my TrackIR...but y'all know that.

Just looked up FroogleSim in on YouTube for demos of the above and see what you're missing.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

+ 1 to what everyone else said.

What about a flight planner or gps/Moving map?

I only use FSTramps, find it fantastic.

Obviously yes I forgot the GTN 750 but what else?

Majestic Q400 = sublime

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display