Sign in to follow this  
A380FSX

GMAX Aircraft Creating Help Needed

I am a user of Gmax and I am in need of help in figuring out how to do many things. First thing is how to create a jet engine in Gmax. This will be for a ERJ145 I am trying to make. Second, how do I make windows in Gmax for a plane on the fuselage??? Last, how do I texture or paint the aircraft parts, like tail, give the tail a logo for the airline, etc... PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! Please put anything down but to look at Milton Schupe's Tutorial: it didn't work.

It's obvious this is your first time at creating an aircraft.  I'm going to give you some very valuable advice that was given to me 6 years ago.
Start off with something VERY small.  Single engine GA (C152, C172, Beech Skipper) or even an Ultra Light.  If you don't yet know how to cut windows, how to texture, how to create a jet engine...then your chances of actually finishing an aircraft as complex as an ERJ (complex mesh and textures) are slim to none.  
Making a small, simple GA will teach you a lot about the creative process.  There are not many parts, but enough for you to get a simple workflow started that you can build on, and there won't be that many parts to texture and animate.  This will result in learning what you need to learn while getting an aircraft finished in a reasonable amount of time.  

Learn to crawl before learning to run.  

All the best and I wish you luck.

1) The SDK.

2) FSDeveloper.com

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello A380FSX,

I Agree 100% with GoranM and Ed - How ever I would take it one step further - Before You even start Seriously Modeling - Learn How to Export a Ball or a a block from Gmax to FSX - and do it to Scale. - This was HUGE getting Me Started. - Not much sense Building it - if You don't know how to export it !

FsDeveloper will have the answer to any Question You will ever have - regarding Gmax or FSX !! - And the Comunity is Happy to Help !! - ALSO - Don't Forget to Keep US  posted !! - And Don"t FORGET -  This is all done in the Name of ENJOYMENT !!

Good Luck "Grasshopper" !! :smile: :smile: B)

Johnman

And follow the Build a P-38 tutorial in the main GMAX tutorials.