Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

A Very Nice Add-on Is Coming Our Way

I know nothing about GEX since I have alot of ORBX. I'm very excited about this and you say within hours ? Any idea how much ?

Looks like it might work with default scenery since the Orbx product blurb states "The best part is that FTX Trees HD is a worldwide texture upgrade, and doesn't require any other ORBX products!".

Ernest Pergrem

I know nothing about GEX since I have alot of ORBX. I'm very excited about this and you say within hours ? Any idea how much ?

I think it's only gonna be $10

Looks like it might work with default scenery since the Orbx product blurb states "The best part is that FTX Trees HD is a worldwide texture upgrade, and doesn't require any other ORBX products!".

That's correct

I think it's only gonna be $10

That's correct

$10 is a steal. I thought it was going to be 10 per region. I will purchase at some point.  :BigGrin:

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

No good for me as I only fly over payware scenery, mostly GenX VFR so whats the point? Autogen is the single most realism killer within FS, IMO.

Nobody, and I mean nobody fly's 'low and slow' over default scenery.

Keith Sandford.

$10 is a steal. I thought it was going to be 10 per region. I will purchase at some point.  :BigGrin:

try $22

ZORAN

No uninstall instructions in the manual and FTX Central v2 has no "switch" for reverting to your former tree textures. (Non-ORBX trees that is. You can switch between HD trees and former FTX trees, though.)

Has anyone found any statements concerning the uninstall procedure in the ORBX forum? Would I need a manual backup of my current, non-ORBX trees?

Nice, but GEX did this long ago :-)

I didn't know GEX replaced all the tree textures. I thought it was just ground textures. I've run GEX since it came out and didn't notice any difference in the trees after installing it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I didn't know GEX replaced all the tree textures. I thought it was just ground textures. I've run GEX since it came out and didn't notice any difference in the trees after installing it.

As far as I know, it only corrects the placement of trees. Not a replacement.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

This is a world completely different from GEX, this is high quality stuff as ORBX usually does.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

This is a world completely different from GEX, this is high quality stuff as ORBX usually does.

Agreed, I used GEX in the past and the trees look nothing like the orbx HD pics. guess we will see soon enough

ZORAN

No uninstall instructions in the manual and FTX Central v2 has no "switch" for reverting to your former tree textures. (Non-ORBX trees that is. You can switch between HD trees and former FTX trees, though.)

Has anyone found any statements concerning the uninstall procedure in the ORBX forum? Would I need a manual backup of my current, non-ORBX trees?

Why not just do it....it's always a great time for a full System Image recovery to be made. Do that, before any major change to your system...and like Dorthy, there is always a way back from Oz....