Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

A Very Nice Add-on Is Coming Our Way

I know nothing about GEX since I have alot of ORBX. I'm very excited about this and you say within hours ? Any idea how much ?

AU$22.95

Nice, but GEX did this long ago :-)

Do you have a link to such the tree replacement product that GEX released?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

No good for me as I only fly over payware scenery, mostly GenX VFR so whats the point? Autogen is the single most realism killer within FS, IMO.

Nobody, and I mean nobody fly's 'low and slow' over default scenery.

Clearly you have no idea what this does.

From the FTX forums:

For those of you who are late to the party, here's what Trees HD is all about:

• Worldwide overhaul of autogen trees
  • Beautiful new high-definition textures based on real photos - double the resolution of default trees
  • Optimized models actually IMPROVE your sim's performance - Up to 20% higher FPS, with no VAS hit!
  • Compatible with all ORBX FTX regions, FTX Global, and Default FSX/P3D - No prior ORBX products required!
  • New custom vegetation for FTX regions
  • Incredibly realistic low-level experience for GA flyers
  • Immersive approaches and increased performance for tube jockeys
  • Upgrades vegetation around your airport sceneries (except for custom vegetation)
  • Low price of AUD 22.95 (USD 17.66, EUR 16.57, GBP 12.00 at current rates)

In fairness that's not expensive for a worldwide enhancement. Anyone know how long roughly it takes to hit the shop after the product page goes up?

In fairness that's not expensive for a worldwide enhancement. Anyone know how long roughly it takes to hit the shop after the product page goes up?

Dev message:

Hi guys, a quick update for you all:

Everything is all set to go on our end, but unfortunately FSS isn't able to put Trees HD up for sale until Sunday evening Australian time (so Sunday morning in the US and midday in Europe).  My sincere apologies for the delay, but rest assured that barring something catastrophic happening, you will have Trees HD in your hands before the weekend is out, as promised smile.png 

Cheers,

Scott

well its 2200   est(Sunday  12 Apr)  here in Melbourne  and  its  not out  yet :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well - one of the things that impressed me when I went to FTXG was the trees, especially in northern Europe. I know they aren't entirely accurate, but they look good to me. I assumed they were new trees, but maybe it was just the placement. I'll certainly take a look at this, but as others have intimated, I will make damn sure that I can restore the status quo (via an Acronis full system backup/restore in my case) if I'm not completely satisfied. ORBX make great stuff, but I don't have a lot of confidence in their install/uninstall procedures.

So as some people still don't seem to have grasped what this product does, it uses new;y designed, efficient tree textures to the whole FSX world - default scenery, FTX Global, and/or FTX regions.   Even photoreal scenery if you have autogen vegetation placed on it, and they use the defaul tree textures.

As far as I can see there is no demographic that this upgrade would not work for, or benefit. And if it is only $10 it will be the biggest no-brainer since [insert your own FSX no-brainer choice here].

I don't have a lot of confidence in their install/uninstall procedures.

That. I completely agree with.  Install / uninstall / integration with other products / configuration is still a real area of neglect within the Orbx world IMHO.

Bring a running chain saw...and you can take out everybody's tree sets, to get to your own!

You can saw your way to the front of the line...I have my choke already on.....gas tank, full.... :)

Looks very nice from those screenshots? So is this $10 USD or $22?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Looks very nice from those screenshots? So is this $10 USD or $22?

Neither... AUD 22.95 or USD 17.62 according to the Googles.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Dev message:

Hi guys, a quick update for you all:

Everything is all set to go on our end, but unfortunately FSS isn't able to put Trees HD up for sale until Sunday evening Australian time (so Sunday morning in the US and midday in Europe).  My sincere apologies for the delay, but rest assured that barring something catastrophic happening, you will have Trees HD in your hands before the weekend is out, as promised smile.png 

Cheers,

Scott

It's 2:30 in Alabama and I sure don't see any trees!  :huh:

It's 2:30 in Alabama and I sure don't see any trees!  :huh:

That's because at 1:45 PM, a crew came in and clear cut....check the ground for saw dust..and wood chips...

That's because at 1:45 PM, a crew came in and clear cut....check the ground for saw dust..and wood chips...

The least that they could have done is plant some new trees.  Whatever happened to ecology and re-forestisation (or whatever they call it). It's 4:30pm in Alabama and I still can't see any trees!  Maybe we need to find Johnny Appleseed.  At least we'll have some apple trees.  :P