Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

A Very Nice Add-on Is Coming Our Way

Let me share my thoughts before this thread is shut down.

This add-on does exactly what I thought it would. It improves the default trees without degrading performance.

I have absolutely no problem supporting one of the best fsx developers. I'm very happy with my purchase.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This add-on does exactly what I thought it would. It improves the default trees without degrading performance.

I have absolutely no problem supporting one of the best fsx developers. I'm very happy with my purchase.

As long as  views are represented respectively, and there are no personal attacks upon contributors to the thread regarding their position/opinions on a matter, why would the thread be locked down?  If that is the case...and only enacted by a Moderator, because of content (positive, or negative opinions)..than that is a muzzling action, and not that of intercepting harassment/abuse to a contributor.  If that would be seen at AVSIM, then that is a cause for dismay. I hope this would never be seen.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I've always just used the freeware TreesX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4_qd8cM9Cc 

These are really really good! comes with a full installer and 3 different configurations for system strength and seasonal variations and comes with an uninstaller. Trees look great in Europe with ORBX LC. and no noticeable FPS impact on the highest settings

And its free!

ZORAN

Agreed. I bought HD Trees yesterday, and see a visual gain for no FPS pain. Well done, Scott Armstrong at Orbx. Money well spent.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Agreed. I bought HD Trees yesterday, and see a visual gain for no FPS pain. Well done, Scott Armstrong at Orbx. Money well spent.

Agreed...as an avid natural historian, I appreciate the more accurate depiction of vegetation in my sim, and these new trees look terrific.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

How does it work if you use GEX for North America, do you have to restore to default First?

Also anyone have GEX and now use this and if so what are your thoughts.

Thanks

Shayne Nofts

I think it sounds and looks promising. If any of you is running the other tree addons (freeware or Zinertek), some comparison shots would be cool. Same place, just different trees. :smile:

As long as  views are represented respectively, and there are no personal attacks upon contributors to the thread regarding their position/opinions on a matter, why would the thread be locked down?  If that is the case...and only enacted by a Moderator, because of content (positive, or negative opinions)..than that is a muzzling action, and not that of intercepting harassment/abuse to a contributor.  If that would be seen at AVSIM, then that is a cause for dismay. I hope this would never be seen.

Thanks for your comments Mitch.  We certainly try our hardest not to offend you or anyone when we place a topic under surveillance.  The main reason for the "Risk of Closure" was post number 62.  Fortunately no one responded to that and caused the situation to get worse with individuals arguing instead of posting polite comments about the topic.  We were fearful that the topic was 'going south', 'getting out of hand', 'abusive' or moving toward violating our Terms of Service and had to click on the "Risk of Closure" button. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

...Fortunately no one responded to that...

If I'd have seen that, I think I may have had something to say. <_<

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

How does it work if you use GEX for North America, do you have to restore to default First?

Also anyone have GEX and now use this and if so what are your thoughts.

Thanks

Shayne Nofts

Nothing to do. GEX is ground textures, these are tree texture replacements for all the default trees. Just run the installer since it doesn't touch your ground textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I found a user's review of the Natural Tree Environment

Thanks for the link (and search). Appreciated.

I was looking for a comparison like this, namely with the same place showing lets say default, Zinertek and Orbx. The screenshots on the corresponding dev sites all look pretty good, I was just wondering how much of the magic is able to make it into the sim, so to speak. ^_^

Will try the freeware in the meantime since I'm very much on default trees so far. :blush:

The main reason for the "Risk of Closure" was post number 62.  Fortunately no one responded to that and caused the situation to get worse with individuals arguing instead of posting polite comments about the topic.  We were fearful that the topic was 'going south', 'getting out of hand', 'abusive' or moving toward violating our Terms of Service and had to click on the "Risk of Closure" button. 

---------------------------------

Hi Jim, and so noted. Thanks! 

Post Edit:  Jim, I just went and read #62.  I now understand why the flag went up. No confusion, there, on my part.

Cheers,

Mitch

I have flown 3 flights with the Trees HD addon and it is worth it. I fly with Global and Vector, OpenLC in Europe but Scenery Tech landclass everywhere else, and the trees program has created realistic diversity in the types of trees each region has. And the way the textures are laid out with the different types of trees, looking down at cruise altitude and the repetitive textures are gone. This is a must have.