Sign in to follow this  
cubs

I did it this time...Numerous scenery errors!

Hi Jim, I just downloaded scenery config editor because I have a lot of scenery issues, elevation problems, buildings in the wrong area etc. I have FTX Northern California, New Zealand, and Europe along with numerous add on airports. When I switched regions for the first time, that's when I started to have these issues. The scenery config editor shows approximately 80% of my scenery has errors! and the errors are "path can not be found". Can this be fixed or will I have to completely uninstall FSX and start over?

Thank you for any info

regards

Doug

Hi Jim, I just downloaded scenery config editor because I have a lot of scenery issues, elevation problems, buildings in the wrong area etc. I have FTX Northern California, New Zealand, and Europe along with numerous add on airports. When I switched regions for the first time, that's when I started to have these issues. The scenery config editor shows approximately 80% of my scenery has errors! and the errors are "path can not be found". Can this be fixed or will I have to completely uninstall FSX and start over?

Thank you for any info

regards

Doug

Unfortunately you cannot use the Scenery Config Editor or the Scenery.cfg or the Scenery Library functions to enable/disable FTX scenery.  You can only do it via their utility (FTX Central?).  There are many warnings about doing this both from here and on the Orbx/FTX website.  I think a fix for this is to go into FTX Central and go to the default scenery, close, run fsx, close fsx, run FTX Central and enable the FTX scenery, close, run fsx, close open FTX Central and click on default and then close the program.  Now open up the Scenery Config Editor.  Still lots of errors?  Since your last action was to set FTX Central to the default, then there should be absolutely no FTX scenery shown, enabled or disabled.  You should just have your airport addon scenery showing.  Scenery Config Editor also has the ability to fix certain problems (look under Actions in the Menu).  If you are still showing FTX areas and they won't go away, try highlighting it and click on Delete Area (s). 

I think one other fix is to uninstall/reinstall one of the FTX areas (not all, just one of them).  That seems to brings things back to normal. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

For quite some time now, I have had issues with add on airport scenery elevation, buildings in the wrong area etc.

I currently have fsdreamteam, Flightbeam, Imagine Simulation, FTX Oceana, Europe, and North America.

I found out about scenery configuration editor, I installed it and found that I had numerous scenery errors. Approx 80%!

The error was (scenery not found). Other than the scenery issues, FSX ran great. I did not get any scenery errors when loading FSX.

Then I went into scenery config editor and I double clicked on each and every one of the error files and followed the path to where the file

was located. It took me about two hours. Scenery config editor was now clear of all errors.

I loaded FSX and as it started, It started to display scenery errors! It took me about five minutes to click through all of the errors!

About all of the scenery files could not be found. WHAT HAPPENED!

Will I have to do a complete reinstall of FSX?

thanks for any info

Doug