Sign in to follow this  
templar998

PMDG A350

Oh you guys...you're all hitting the ones I'd love to see!!  lol!

:lol:

.....and, the 717 uses the same flight deck functionality as the MD-11, so perhaps PMDG could re-use some coding and gauges on things like 'Profile' mode and the integration of the ATS system into the Autoflight functionality.    

I'd prefer the PMDG 787 over an A350, I guess I just love Boeing aircraft.

If you only knew what my wife's cousin has told us about the Airbus' he works on compared to Boeing. He will not fly Airbus even free.

Airbus automation countering any pilot control input, and trying to descend the aircraft towards the ground. The only way out is to switch off a certain computer (one of those you NEVER touch in normal operations) - even experienced 'bus drivers' don't do that light-heartedly:

http://avherald.com/h?article=47d74074/0000&opt=0

Yeh I know that discussion is going on!

But even pilots say It has two sides of the story.

A lot of accidents happend because pilots made the wrong decision by disconecting the autopilot!

Robert

If Airbus planes were unsafe, they wouldn't have a certificate to fly. Let's not get silly about this. You could argue that Boeing should have grounded all 737s when that rudder problem reared its ugly head, so it works both ways.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

• a 717 (virtually untouched in the FS world)

I know that this is a thread about PMDG, but a company called TFDi is working on a high-fidelity 717. From what they've posted to their website, it looks pretty good. They're a new, unproven company, but hopefully the project will turn out nicely. 

Hasn't this topic been beaten to death already? Seems like every few months another one of these topics pop up. "Wouldn't it be nice if PMDG did ______?" Yes it would be nice if they did everyone's favorite aircraft but lets be realistic. Honestly I think if PMDG wants our opinion on what aircraft to do next they will ask it. The folks at PMDG seem to do a lot of market analysis to determine which aircraft they will make so starting these topics every month is pointless.

There's not much left for them to create given their current business philosophy...unless that changes.

If you only knew what my wife's cousin has told us about the Airbus' he works on compared to Boeing. He will not fly Airbus even free.

I bet his opinion would be different if Airbus was an American manufacturer. Silly patriotism is the main reason why some people like to bash Airbus. 

If Airbus planes were unsafe, they wouldn't have a certificate to fly. Let's not get silly about this. You could argue that Boeing should have grounded all 737s when that rudder problem reared its ugly head, so it works both ways.

Exactly. A320 has operated since late 80's in very high numbers, if it was an unsafe aircraft we would see it by now on statistics. Currently A320's accident rate is very similar to that of the 737, which indeed did experience way more severe issues in the 90's than A320 has ever done. 

Regards,

Joona L

I know that this is a thread about PMDG, but a company called TFDi is working on a high-fidelity 717. From what they've posted to their website, it looks pretty good. They're a new, unproven company, but hopefully the project will turn out nicely. 

Let's hope that 717 gets released eventually. It's good to see they are still active. New developers with new ideas will help keep this hobby alive by widening the choice of quality addons.

ki9cAAb.jpg

There's not much left for them to create given their current business philosophy...unless that changes.

I disagree, I think there is plenty for them to create. I can't say what their current philosophy is but I do recall seeing a video in where one of the people from PMDG (can't remember who exactly) was speaking at a flight sim convention a few years back and he said that they currently want to create planes that people see at their local airports everyday. Now of course it is kind of hard to have that apply to everyone as some people don't live near airports with 747s and MD-11s. But there are only a handful of people that live near airports that are served by an A350. If they are still following this plan then I would think something like a 757 would be next on the list. But my original comment is was pertaining to why these topics come up literally every couple months.

Samuel Scully

Once and for all, PMDG will not do an Airbus. It is not going to happens. FSLabs and Aerosoft are the companies working on Airbusses already. Especially FSLabs is capable of delivering good quality, so there wouldn't be much of a point for PMDG to make one. The only things we can expect are Boeings, MD's, and maybe CRJ's and Embraers in the future.

Topic is pretty misleading guys. Don't you think?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Topic is pretty misleading guys. Don't you think?

Given the amount of times people post topics about planes they wish would be made, I don't think it's too misleading. If it were legit news, you'd see it as a pinned topic.

Kyle Rodgers

But my original comment is was pertaining to why these topics come up literally every couple months.

I think they come up because internet forum topics are like conversations...people have them without knowing someone else has deliberated a subject multiple times.

Besides a 757, what other aircraft types do you think PMDG would produce as a flight sim?