Sign in to follow this  
l3ubba

The NGX and ACARS

I'm running into a small issue with my NGX and my VA's ACARS software. At random points in the flight (I usually notice it around TOD) my ACARS will pause my flight. Not pause the actual sim, just pause recording the flight. This has happened with two separate ACARS, one being VAFS and the other being the ACARS that deltava.org uses (not sure if it has a name). If I close the ACARS software the next time I start it will ask me if I want to restart from the last point it saved in my previous flight, even if I had completed it. So something is happening between the NGX and the ACARS that is making the ACARS think I am pausing the flight part way through.

I checked to make sure I didn't have any setting in FSX that tell my sim to pause, I checked the PMDG settings to make sure nothing in the NGX is telling it to pause, and I looked around the FSUIPC setting too but nothing came up. I also checked the settings of both ACARS software to make sure nothing was telling it to pause in there. I have tried re-installing VAFS with no luck.

So far I have only tested this with the 800 series variant of the NGX and the Level-D 767. All of the flights I attempted with the NGX paused the ACARS software at some point in the flight. I completed one flight in the Level-D 767 with the Delta ACARS and did not run into any issues.

My setup:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel i7 4790k

Nvidia GTX 780TI

16GB RAM

2x 1TB Samsung SSDs

Sim:

FSX w/Acceleration

FSUIPC v4.939e

Active Sky Next (latest build)

PMDG NGX latest version (the PMDG Ops Center shows it as version 1.10.6461)

Ezdok Camera v1.16

Various scenery addons (Orbx, FSDT, FlyTampa, etc)

vPilot VATSIM client software

Every program is ran as admin.

I am not sure if it is worth noting but I do have P3D v2.5 installed on the same drive as well. It includes the P3D version of the NGX and T7, P3D version of ASN, and FSUIPC.

Samuel Scully

This should be an issue for whoever supports your acars. I use it with my VA's ACARS and have no issues.

Richie Walsh

I didn't have an issue either until now. I already made a post elsewhere trying to see if anyone on the ACARS side can help but I wanted to post here since it is (so far) unique to the NGX and to see if anyone else had the same issue before.

Plus this seems to be an issue with the NGX and not the ACARS since it is happening with two separate ACARS softwares.

Samuel Scully

yeah if you are using smartcars there should be a paus at top of T/D just unclick it and you should be good. 

yeah if you are using smartcars there should be a paus at top of T/D just unclick it and you should be good. 

I am not using smarcars, I am using VAFS. However this doesn't appear to be an issue with the ACARS because it has happened with two separate ACARS softwares and it only happens with the NGX.

Samuel Scully

is the setting in the FMC disabled?

Yes, like I said in the original post; I checked and made sure that all TOD settings were disabled.

Samuel Scully

i would go to you r general settings in fsx and make sure the pause from task is checked off. if thats checked off contact your VA