Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Vienna to Linz

Well, story is that this story appears to be a bit complicated. There was this old Connie that had been fully restored over a period of four years. Now she sits on the tarmac at Vienna Schwechart airport and the proud owner wants to be flown in it to his weekend residence in Linz. Problem is, he had just sunk US$3 million into this toy, so there is one condition for this flight: the engines aren’t fully run it yet after their extensive overhaul, so the owner insists that the plane does not fly higher than 5,000 ft at half the engines’ load. Well, as he will be the only passenger, no worries with that, sir.

When approaching the plane at its less than glamorous parking position, I see with a certain delight, that we got company in form of a beautiful stewardess.

DZlJ.jpg

After take off, our first job was to fly along the Danube river in order to let the owner see Vienna

1ifm.jpg

Beautiful! Above the plane’s left wing one can spot the Schönbrunn castle, home of the Austrian emperors for centuries. Q38E6.jpg

Heading north - west now

y8hM.jpg

LOHxy.jpg

NsP2.jpg

Well, so far so good, owner and plane behave like they are supposed to, meaning the engines are running at half load and the owner is sleeping at full load

sQwT.jpg

aoCN7.jpg

tDU4d.jpg

VwFPT.jpg

Sorry, gents, the flight deck is strictly off limits. The stewardess is just talking to the captain, which requires his fullest attention

OBP0l.jpg

zmEhi.jpg

Ok, let's wake up the owner, we are almost there

Kznf7.jpg

oIGiZ.jpg

IKLxH.jpg

In case you missed the Linz castle on our approach, here it is again in all its glory

l82cq.jpg

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thats daytime  cross country flying over the real world!

HLJAMES

Thats daytime  cross country flying over the real world!

HLJAMES

:smile:  :smile:  Thanks a lot

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Bernd - nice story and thanks for the laugh! :lol:

But your connie did´t land at Linz! :ph34r:

wow  awesome shots

I am guessing it is payware JustFlight plane???

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Bernd - nice story and thanks for the laugh! :lol:

But your connie did´t land at Linz! :ph34r:

Ooops. Don't let the plane's owner know. So far I haven't heard from him

I am guessing it is payware JustFlight plane???

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks Aharon, yes, that's the Just Flight Connie. But the Manfred Jahn freeware is very good too.