Sign in to follow this  
jopi190

Release Party 747v2

Hello everybody,

is there anybody interested, when the 747 V2 is released, to do together on Vatsim a flight?  We can vote here which route will be flown. Would be great when we will fly with 5 or 6  or even more 747 on Vatsim. Are you interested? And I know that they didn't said anything about the release date.

greetings Jean-Pierre Bragdon

No, I only wanted to look if there is anybody who would do this when the 747 is released ;) I know that can be many months until it will be released

I'd be up for that. For a flight how about Minneapolis to Phoenix. This I believe was the first scheduled route for the 744 with Northwest the launch customer. It's also not too long a flight for those who may find it hard to find time to join in

Yeah something like this if anybody has another idea for a route send me a message or post it here and we can vote but thats a very nice advice.

Count me in, Sir.

With 800 hours on the v1, I'm very much looking forward to flying with you all - and happy to host a teamspeak server if required.

A bit pre-mature I think, unless you know something we don't!!

Well, in fact it shouldn't be that premature, given that RSR at the beginning of the new year said that it was expected end 1Q or beginning 2Q 2015... 

James Goggi

Either way, speaking as someone who controls on VATSIM, one of the most frustrating things is trying to handle pilots who are behind the aircraft. I'm sure many will claim a Boeing is a Boeing, but anyone who owns the 737 and the 777 will likely notice how different they are, and in random areas. The 744 will be slightly different from both of them, too (yes, even slightly different from the original 744 - in a good way). Perhaps it might be best to slightly delay the group flight until everyone's done the tutorial once. Even real pilots get a bit of cursory training when transitioning to a type.

There might be a lot of pressure to be the first group to do something on VATSIM, especially when there's a new add-on out. If you think about it, the first group to have the 744 on the network is going to be the beta team anyway, so you might as well take the extra time, fly the tutorial, and then be the more educated and capable early adopters.

I don't mean to ruin the party. I just figured I'd put a word of caution out there.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Oh no! Look! Kyle came in and confiscated all our beer and snacks.... like some miserable neighbour unhappy at the loud music and clanking bottles coming from next door!

Some party this turned out to be...  I'm smashing the place up!

Only kidding - I do echo the vatsim concerns. We need to be in full and competent control of our AC. In addition to annoying the ATC - it also annoys us pilots who have done the groundwork.

I for one will be reading the manual, it's what I do. Any chance we can have that in advance of the plane? ;)

Notwithstanding, I suggest we aim for a group flight a few weeks after release.

Yes sir - the TS server is a must. Happy to help you coordinate anything else too.

I guess the cork goes back in for a little while.

Some VC shots would be nice, we can put them on the party invites ;)

Great to get help from you. Yes I would love it to see some shots of the VC. 

Seems the movement is gaining momentum lol.   I still regularly fly V1 with about 6 000 hours behind the controls, so I would just take a day or two to get to grips with the new features of the aircraft and that should be that.  I regularly fly the 737, 747 and 777 to keep current on all of them.

Kind regards