Sign in to follow this  
jopi190

Release Party 747v2

After release you can write here when you're ready and then we can start so nobody is under pressure ;)

Oh no! Look! Kyle came in and confiscated all our beer and snacks.... like some miserable neighbour unhappy at the loud music and clanking bottles coming from next door!

haha - oddly enough, when I was an RA in college, I'd walk up to a door, cover my eyes, knock, and just say "hey, look, your hall mates told me you're being a little loud - can you turn it down a little?" After that, I'd just walk off. It usually did the trick, and I got to avoid doing paperwork for anything I wasn't supposed to see. The complaint was noise - I addressed the noise complaint - and I preferred people enjoy their beer in the dorm instead of out in cars downtown.

TL;DR: When I was an RA, I was usually slightly more of an enabler than the old dude next door.  :P

Only kidding - I do echo the vatsim concerns. We need to be in full and competent control of our AC. In addition to annoying the ATC - it also annoys us pilots who have done the groundwork.

I for one will be reading the manual, it's what I do. Any chance we can have that in advance of the plane? ;)

Notwithstanding, I suggest we aim for a group flight a few weeks after release.

As a VATSIM ATC, I really appreciate that. If you all coordinate and want to leave out of IAD (there aren't many 744s out of here any more, but UAL, BAW, DLH, and a few others will bring one in on occasion, though the DLH flight is usually a 748 and the BAW flight is usually the A388), I might be able to log on for a bit.

Kyle Rodgers

In my opinion it would be great fun to have you as controller  :p0503:

EDIT: What do you think about KIAD-TNCM? (Flight durance is about 4 hours)

Does anybody know if TNCM is big enough for 4x747's ? :BigGrin:

In my opinion it would be great fun to have you as controller  :p0503:

EDIT: What do you think about KIAD-TNCM? (Flight durance is about 4 hours)

Does anybody know if TNCM is big enough for 4x747 ? :BigGrin:

Heck it can be big enough for any number of 747's - just disconnect as soon as you reach the gate and you can fit a 100 in there lol.   Ain't simming great lol???

Kind regards

As a VATSIM ATC, I really appreciate that. If you all coordinate and want to leave out of IAD (there aren't many 744s out of here any more, but UAL, BAW, DLH, and a few others will bring one in on occasion, though the DLH flight is usually a 748 and the BAW flight is usually the A388), I might be able to log on for a bit.

That settles it....first flight for all new 747v2 captains...When you see Kyle on at IAD....File KIAD>KIAD touch and go's for 8 hours, as soon as you're finished downloading/installing the plane!! :Big Grin:

Seriously, I think I'll be painting the 744F the first few days, I have many 777 fictional freighter liveries that are real ones on the 747 I committed to transfer over to the new Queen.

Please release the paintkit with the plane (or earlier, hehe), or I'll be forced to hop in the cockpit and torment VATSIM ATC all over the globe!  :Just Kidding:   Well...its been so long since I've flown a VATSIM flight I need to re-educate myself in that area as well.

Can't wait for the Queen, she's gonna be great!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

File KIAD>KIAD touch and go's for 8 hours, as soon as you're finished downloading/installing the plane!!

haha - I've been doing it for 6 years. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.  :P

Kyle Rodgers

I think that we should make it more of an event lasting a few hours. I'd be down for something out of IAD, maybe something LAX as well since so many 747's fly out of LAX. In my opinion it should be a, say, 5 hour event from two airports roughtly two hours apart so it's not that long but still enough to get up to altitude.

Love the 747, absolutely cannot wait for the pmdg 747v2

Well, in fact it shouldn't be that premature, given that RSR at the beginning of the new year said that it was expected end 1Q or beginning 2Q 2015... 

DIdn't they initially tell us it was coming two months after the 777? Then they are 1.5 years late. Being realistic, it will be released somewhere in Q3 - Q4 of this year.

Make that 3.5 years late. XD Ah well, the end product will be great.