Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Is there a way to have ASN autostart when you launch P3D?

I know you can do this for OpusFSX, but is there a way to configure ASN so that it will automatically load up when you launch P3D?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

really? How can you set FSUIPC to do that? Would be really handy? Can I use FSUIPC to start a bunch of things; track IR etc?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

You can also just put an entry into exe.xml file in [%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V2\ ... ] just like any other exe file which will launch with P3D (e.g Ultimate Traffic 2) ... :)

Example:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ActiveSky Next</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path><PATH_TO_ASNEXT>\ASNext_P3D\ASNext.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Although, I was under the impression, that you should launch ActiveSky Next prior to launcing FSX/P3D?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I see in another forum Pete says to add the address to the program you want to run in the [Programs] section of the FSUIPC.ini, however, I cannot find that line, should I add it?

Dont want to make a mess!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Simple:

[Programs]
Run1=CLOSE,"C:\Program Files (x86)\..."
Run2=KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\..."
Run3=...

...in the fsuipc.ini.

Details are in the manual ;-)

ASN should be run first if using Historic mode. So if using historic, having ASN start with P3D would be a hassle to be honest. You would have to disable ASN starting each time you use historic. I see no benefit at all starting ASN this way, unless you use Live mode all the time.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You can also use simstarter. It is a great program that is a free ware program.

Regards Ted Kiser

I would like to add this into FSUIPC, could someone please post the exact entry that needs to be added into fsuipc4.ini to make this work.

Will ASN load before P3D if it's done this way?

I'm not sure which method is better, using FSUIPC of adding the entry into the exe.xml file.

At hifi  they say you should always start asn first

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I know that's what they say but I've forgotten to launch it and run it while simming in both live and historic modes and it changes the weather without issue. In fact being forgetful I often do this!

Anyone know why you shouldn't? What is supposed to happen if you run as second?

Chris

ASN should be run first if using Historic mode. So if using historic, having ASN start with P3D would be a hassle to be honest. You would have to disable ASN starting each time you use historic. I see no benefit at all starting ASN this way, unless you use Live mode all the time.

I never had any issues using it the other way arround. It is also possible to change date/time during flight and ASN adapts weather accordingly within some seconds. Same is true for AS16.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).