Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!

I need some help on understanding the purchase DVD sale price. Lets say I purchase two of the DVD items @ current sale price I am then able to download the same items for free.  If that is the case since Iive in the US couldn't I just go ahead and get the download and ask them to keep the DVD's  to avoid the shipping costs.  What am I missing..

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Carl

I'm at the opposite end to your logic. I'm in the UK, and all I want is just one title, as I already have the rest.

To purchase that one single title, boxed, DVD, will cost me approx $20 for P&P when the DVD is less than $5. Seems from what I can discern the catch is you can get the download, for free, as long as one is prepared to shell out for P&P which is prohibitive, for me, at least.

I think they want to be rid of the disks as inventory takes up space and that costs money. I plan on putting the disks up on ebay when they get here. And selling them for a pretry low price. Like $7 per item.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I think they want to be rid of the disks as inventory takes up space and that costs money. I plan on putting the disks up on ebay when they get here. And selling them for a pretry low price. Like $7 per item.

Interesting...If you purchase the DVD and have access to the download, does this mean the DVD and download license keys are separate? Any chance your plan could be going against the Flightsim Store's terms of sale?

Interesting...If you purchase the DVD and have access to the download, does this mean the DVD and download license keys are sepyarate? Any chance your plan could be going against the Flightsim Store's terms of sale?

If they have the same keys I won't resell and I'll check into the TOS as I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Why can't you purchase the boxed edition, tell them not to ship it and just throw it out in the skip and then just download it?

I have chosen 5 cost £12 GOOD BARGAIN hip hooray  but then they want £40 delivery,it insists on adding this charge so no bargain for me,is this the real deal you have to have the boxes why don't they just bin them? and let me download,it seems the high postage kills the deal with no benefit to the store,or am i being daft and not seeing common sense

If you are situated in Germany, you can order ORBX boxes in clearout sales from two official vendors: flightandfun.de and Aerosoft.com.

No P&P charged within Germany. flightandfun ship to Ireland for a small extra fee, but I was unable to find any costs for shipping to the U.K.

If you just wanted the download and not the disc itself I cant see why a fake address could not be created for Australia, post them out and forget about it

ZORAN

I have chosen 5 cost £12 GOOD BARGAIN hip hooray  but then they want £40 delivery,it insists on adding this charge so no bargain for me,is this the real deal you have to have the boxes why don't they just bin them? and let me download,it seems the high postage kills the deal with no benefit to the store,or am i being daft and not seeing common sense

Precisely the reason I too decided to give it a miss. I only want one title but not worth the P&P. I may wait for the next download sale, or look into Olli4740's suggestion. Thanks Oliver.

It works fine. I ordered five airports and changed the post address to a Australian one (friend´s son lives there) and the postage was cut from 44 AUD to 11 AUD. After that I picked those airports from the download list and "purchased" them again. Downloading at the moment...

Good work! I bought the lot but back when it was a full 3 pages worth, insane discount compared to normal pricing however I live in Thailand but my son lives in OZ although even that wasn't necessary, could have picked any address out of the telephone book

ZORAN

Can't quite bring myself to send to a fake address - figure it will come back to me in some way. Did discover that that there is a significant cost bump between 3 and 4 DVD's for international shipping. Had 4 in the shopping cart, to be sent to Canada, and shipping was > $30, was about to walk away, but decided to remove one item, and for 3 DVD's - the shipping was < $15.  Just under $10 CDN in total for each airport. Not a bad deal at all.

The ordering of the download version of each for $0 works like a charm.

I don't see the fuss about getting the DVD's in the mail... as if FSS is sending you a box full of black liquorice or smelly socks. I purchased three airports and looked at the bottom line with shipping included and it came out to be $33.45 USD. If I were to purchase the download copies only I would spend $61.59. This is a no brainer. My three airports are downloaded and already installed, who cares if I get three DVD's in the mail in a few weeks. Put em on the shelf or in the garbage. Not a big deal or hassle for in my case a 50% off deal.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?