Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

VATSIM users

Personally I don't have any exprience with any AI traffic products since I'm using IVAO's MTL models but I just checked and there is a model matching rule set for a product called MyTraffic 3D so maybe that one would work fairly good also with this new version of MT6.

If not you can always create you own rule sets for any AI models but of course it's nice if there is already an existing rule set you can use since that will save you a lot of work.

Then there's also a great tool called VMGenerator found here that will help you create your own rule sets in a very easy way by scanning your FSX/P3D installation looking for known AI models. Not sure though if it's compatible with MT ver 6.

Richard Åsberg

I think I'll go with IVAO for now.  Thanks

I think I'll go with IVAO for now.  Thanks

IVAO is also a great network in many ways and their automated model matching sure is a very nice feature currently missing on VATSIM but hopefully there will be a similar model matching feature on VATSIM further down the road.

Reason I decided to switch to VATSIM after flying on IVAO for many years is I found the "professionalism" looking at the ATC communication to not always be what I was looking for on IVAO with lots of not only pure instructions but also in some regions lots of "chit chat" and often not even in English...

Richard Åsberg

Got everything set up on VATSIM using VPilot and the IVAO model sets.  I now have an issue with EZDOK timing out on startup and not working.  Probably unrelated so I'll just reinstall ezdok

Quick question...do i need to set my AI traffic within P3D to nil ?

Ah, you meant you were going with the IVAO MTL models and not that you would go with IVAO rather than VATSIM.

Anyway to answer your question yes, you want to disable all AI traffic in P3D. Otherwise you'll end up with a mix of "real" and AI traffic which would be very confusing.

Richard Åsberg

Ah, you meant you were going with the IVAO MTL models and not that you would go with IVAO rather than VATSIM.

Anyway to answer your question yes, you want to disable all AI traffic in P3D. Otherwise you'll end up with a mix of "real" and AI traffic which would be very confusin

Yes, just the IVAO MTL models.   

One more Q... in Vpilot on the 'model matching' tab..... I am currently flying the PMDG 738WL in NAX livery.  If I therfore want to set that as my default (which I presume is what others would then see), I have gone to the SimObjects/IVAO_MTL folder and selected the title=B738NAXWL from the .cfg and pasted that as my default model title.  Is that correct?

The final issue I'm having is that - having done the above, i get an VPilot Error message saying: ' Failed to create aircraft OY-MLR using model C172.  This usually means that the model is not actually installed in your simulator.  The aircraft will be created using another model.'

Given that I've selected a 737-800, what does a C172 have to do with it? 

The default model on the model matching tab is what aircraft will be used if vPilot can't find a matching model. I have B737BOE in that field meaning I will see a B737 in Boeing House Livery whenever I encounter an aircraft online that I don't have a matching model installed for.

Not 100% sure about your second question but what I suggest is you go to the official support forum for vPilot. The developer of vPilot usually is very helpful and active in that forum so I'm sure he will be able to help you figure out the cause of that message you got. You can find the forum here.

Another helpful tip to see afterwards what really went on with the model matching during a session is to add the switch /mmlog to the command starting vPilot. That will leave you with a detailed log exactly what models were picked for various aircraft you encountered during your online session. So the target field looking at the vPilot shortcut should look like this

C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\vPilot\vPilot.exe /mmlog

but obviously you need to change the path so it matches your installation.

Richard Åsberg

If you install the vPilot Mytraffic model matching rule, MT6 works just fine on VATSIM.  Be sure to use the traffic proxy app that come with vPilot as it smoothes out the traffic a little.

Jeff

Jeff Callender

Not 100% sure about your second question but what I suggest is you go to the official support forum for vPilot

Thanks for this.  I think I figured out what this meant.  I'm using P3D2.4, which doesn't have a C172..

Not 100% sure about your second question but what I suggest is you go to the official support forum for vPilot

Good to know.  Thanks Jeff

Update on this...

Everything installed and working perfectly.

I did my first 3 VATSIM flights this weekend . EGKK-EGPH, EGPH -EKCH, OMDB-OTHH  Really a new level of immersion for the sim.  The way forward from now on.

The controllers were great.

Update on this...

Everything installed and working perfectly.

I did my first 3 VATSIM flights this weekend . EGKK-EGPH, EGPH -EKCH, OMDB-OTHH Really a new level of immersion for the sim. The way forward from now on.

The controllers were great.

Glad to hear that :smile:

Richard Åsberg