Sign in to follow this  
greg0418

Airport scenery problems after long flight

I recently installed FTX Global Base. After installing, I noticed something strange.

After a long flight (more than 30 minutes or so) when I approach the landing airport, I notice the scenery for that airport is messed up (runways appear to be "under the ground", general scenery mis-matches, etc). This happens for both addon airports and the default FSX airports.

At first I thought it might have something to do with the hybrid mode for FTX, so I tried it both ways, I still get the same problem.

FTX Global base is the only scenery addon I have, so the that's the only thing I could think that could be causing this issue.

After landing (if I'm even able) I can then force the scenery to reload by changing the graphics settings. Once it loads, everything is back to normal.

The issue never happens on my departure airport, it seems to only happen to airports that aren't initially loaded when I start the flight.

I've tried everything I could think to fix this. I was hoping that someone else experienced this problem before as well and there is an easy fix.

And since I'm sure someone will ask, the order of my FSX scenery library is:

Addon Airports

ORBX OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX OPENLC_BASE

FSX Default Airports & Scenery

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Greg

I just finished a flight from KBOS to KJFK and had the exact same problem. I thought I would post some pictures so you could see what I mean:

This is how it looks right after I land and turned off the runway. (As you can see it looks like the runway is under the ground, its worse on other airports)

cUkN7gE.png

This is how it looks after forcing the scenery to reload (its still a bit screwed up for some reason in this case, but usually forcing a reload corrects the problem)

KfFtt0Y.png

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again

Greg

Also, to anyone from ORBX support: I signed up on your official forum to get support for this issue over 48 hours ago. I never got the email to activate my account.

I sent 2 emails including my order number. I have had no reply.

So I will be very clear so there will be no confusion. I will accept only 2 outcomes:

1. You immediately provide the support that I paid you for and fix this issue either here or on your official forum (you will have to actually allow me to post there first)

2. You immediately issue me a full refund for the more than $100 I spent on your product that has done nothing but screw up my sim.

If one of those things isn't accomplished EXACTLY as I have stated here within 24 hours from this post, I will initiate a charge-back for the full amount I spent on your product.

If you think that I am the type of person who spends money on a product, finds out it doesn't work, and then discovers he doesn't get support, and just ignores those facts and lets you get away with terrible customer service, you are sorely mistaken.

Again, just to clarify, the above was directed directly to the official ORBX support. (They haven't activated my account on their official forum, so I can't post there, and they haven't replied to my emails.)

If any non-official members wants to give me advice on how to fix this issue, I will still gladly accept your advice. But even if I fix the issue and do not hear from ORBX official support within 24 hours, I will still uninstall the product and initiate the charge-back.

If nothing else, I hope this helps to show others the type of customer service ORBX provides. But if they do actually get around to doing their jobs, I will be sure to immediately update this post to reflect that.

Greg

your pics are too dark to see

the orbx web site is down right now so you are going to have to wait

I am sure that it is something easily fixed

orbx has great costumer service they will take care of you

Orbx "customer service" has gotten worse lately if it's even possible. Seems like everyone has been on vacation for the last two weeks as very few questions on the "support forum" get answered in a timely manner.

that pretty much looks like what happens if you have vector and don't run the elevation configuration tool..

dunno why it would be a problem with global which is mainly a texture replacement i thought..

do you have the latest orbx libraries installed, they need to be above the other orbx stuff in the list , i dunno if this is required specifically for ftx global but maybe re-check the installation stuff in the manual to see if it says it is? are you using ftx central v2 (the one released a few weeks ago, that is installed with the updated libraries)..?

you don't list other specifics like what mesh resolution or lod settings you are using, are you sure that it isn't some fsx problem of loading the mesh too slowly. when you uninstalled it did the problem go away? how much ram does your computer and videocard have? which aircraft does it happen with, does it occur with default ones? does it happen at all airports or just the ones that default fsx has custom modeled?

you definitely don't want to use hybrid mode, that is intended for if you are using regions in conjunction with the global areas, which should not apply if you don't have those installed.

i can't speak to the topic of their support i have never used it. but if you really think hundreds of users are having this problem and it is somehow a sinister plot by the devs, then a thread about it should be easy to find lol.... otherwise if its something oddly specific to a few systems, it might take more than a day or two to solve until you find somebody with more detailed ideas about it. i wish i could give more specific advice but i use a combination of those products and have never tried global just by itself. when i saw something like this before, a quick search did turn up the fact about running the elevation corrector tool and things worked great ever since. i don't know why your elevation issues would get weird with just new textures though...

cheers and good luck

-andy crosby

the orbx web site is down right now so you are going to have to wait

The orbx website was never down for me, works perfectly except for the fact that they never sent my activation email, and never replied to any of my emails (its been more than 72 hours now)

that pretty much looks like what happens if you have vector and don't run the elevation configuration tool..

dunno why it would be a problem with global which is mainly a texture replacement i thought..

do you have the latest orbx libraries installed, they need to be above the other orbx stuff in the list , i dunno if this is required specifically for ftx global but maybe re-check the installation stuff in the manual to see if it says it is? are you using ftx central v2 (the one released a few weeks ago, that is installed with the updated libraries)..?

you don't list other specifics like what mesh resolution or lod settings you are using, are you sure that it isn't some fsx problem of loading the mesh too slowly. when you uninstalled it did the problem go away? how much ram does your computer and videocard have? which aircraft does it happen with, does it occur with default ones? does it happen at all airports or just the ones that default fsx has custom modeled?

you definitely don't want to use hybrid mode, that is intended for if you are using regions in conjunction with the global areas, which should not apply if you don't have those installed.

i can't speak to the topic of their support i have never used it. but if you really think hundreds of users are having this problem and it is somehow a sinister plot by the devs, then a thread about it should be easy to find lol.... otherwise if its something oddly specific to a few systems, it might take more than a day or two to solve until you find somebody with more detailed ideas about it. i wish i could give more specific advice but i use a combination of those products and have never tried global just by itself. when i saw something like this before, a quick search did turn up the fact about running the elevation corrector tool and things worked great ever since. i don't know why your elevation issues would get weird with just new textures though...

cheers and good luck

-andy crosby

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked everyone, I tried it once with hybrid, and then many times without trying different things. Nothing worked.

Also, to anyone from ORBX support: I signed up on your official forum to get support for this issue over 48 hours ago. I never got the email to activate my account.

I sent 2 emails including my order number. I have had no reply.

So I will be very clear so there will be no confusion. I will accept only 2 outcomes:

1. You immediately provide the support that I paid you for and fix this issue either here or on your official forum (you will have to actually allow me to post there first)

2. You immediately issue me a full refund for the more than $100 I spent on your product that has done nothing but screw up my sim.

If one of those things isn't accomplished EXACTLY as I have stated here within 24 hours from this post, I will initiate a charge-back for the full amount I spent on your product.

If you think that I am the type of person who spends money on a product, finds out it doesn't work, and then discovers he doesn't get support, and just ignores those facts and lets you get away with terrible customer service, you are sorely mistaken.

Again, just to clarify, the above was directed directly to the official ORBX support. (They haven't activated my account on their official forum, so I can't post there, and they haven't replied to my emails.)

If any non-official members wants to give me advice on how to fix this issue, I will still gladly accept your advice. But even if I fix the issue and do not hear from ORBX official support within 24 hours, I will still uninstall the product and initiate the charge-back.

If nothing else, I hope this helps to show others the type of customer service ORBX provides. But if they do actually get around to doing their jobs, I will be sure to immediately update this post to reflect that.

Greg

Its been more than 72 hours since I signed up on their website. More than 72 hours since I sent multiple emails for support and asking them to activate my forum account. No reply.

Since its been more than 24 hours since my last post, and no one from ORBX has contacted me or posted here, I will stick to my plan. I am now uninstalling FTX. In the morning I will be initiating a charge-back for the full amount I spent on this product that didn't work, and I received no support for.

I wish that this had turned out differently, but I'm not the kind of person who just ignores such horrible short-comings like this.

Greg

One more reason to use Paypal when buying product from Orbx. Initiate a charge back and you will either get your money or at least their attention. BTW Vector is not a requirement tok be used with FTX products so they can't be the issue.