Sign in to follow this  
swambast

Detroit or Michigan Scenery Available

Hi, does anyone happen to know of any Detroit or Southeast Michigan scenery that might be available, either as freeware or payware? Thanks for any tips...Regards, SteveSystem Specs:MSI 865PE-NEO2-LS, P4 2.8 Ghz/800Mhz FSB HT, 1GB KingMax PC3200/DDR400, Windows XP Pro w/DirectX9.0c, Main: Western Digital Raptor 10K rpm 36GB - 2nd: Maxtor ATA133 7200rpm 120GB - CD-RW: Lite-On 52x32x52, BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics Card w/official 61.77 drivers, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 w/6.1 speakers, USB CH Flight Sim Yoke and Rudder Pedals

Guest BruceFreeburger

Steve, Jim Bozworth has been making improved scenery files for small Michigan airports since at least FS98. For the last several versions of FS, most of the GA airports Jim and Al have been making are only available at http://bozair.com/revairport.html Do a keyword search here in the Avsim libraries for Michigan and you will get a lot of Matt Magner files. Mostly Michigan military air bases, but a lot of Lake Saint Clair area improvements for VFR flights. I mostly sim fly GA singles in SE Michigan, always VFR. Those two authors have made about all the good freeware addons. The only other exception I can think of is the version 5 freeware Detroit Metro made by one of the NWA virtual airlines. The other part of SE Michigan "Scenery" is the almost contant overcast clouds. Get the payware Active Sky. The payware KDTW package is the only commercial add-on for Michigan that I know of. Slew around the Detroit Metro terminals and your jaws will drop at how detailed it is. On a Athlon XP 3200+/9800 Pro 256 system, frame rates drop from high '60s to the teens. Cheers, Bruce F Old Gratiot Airport Roseville, MI

Guest nihongo

I am going to make a photoreal scenery for Detroit but I have never done buildings before.Maybe some ppl on this forum can help me.Also I might need some photos of the skyscrapers etc of Detroit.I am planning to start a web site where I can make available for download all this scenery.The first problem is cash and then the next is working on all the scenery!Daniel

Guest nihongo

Thanks Jim and Geofa, in what way can you help?I took a default FS9 screenshot the other day (beautiful) and it really bewilders me why I want ASV too (I want weather radar and clouds to be white when overcast and you are flying above them-not just see through!) when you see it.I am fine to make the photo real scenery (textures only) by myself. But with gmax and the rest......another story! I'll give it a go anyway, do you guys have any experience, or just photos/knowledge?Visit my web site to see my home city of Perth-it has a beautiful skyline and is a nice city, pretty and clean (as well as boring like Kansas City) www.danielmcaloon.tk My views are traditional on my site so don't get upset! lol :-)I have been to Chicago (4 hours-mainly at Union Station), DC, NY, Kansas City and passed through LA and Denver airports. I want to drive and go train around the US some day as well as Australia (you can basically drive all around Australia!).Flying would be great too!Daniel

I would love to see Detroit in satellite rendering. I don't know GMax, but maybe we can recruit a volunteer from somewhere (Scenery Design forum). Let me know what I can do to help, I have only a basic knowledge of scenery design, but would be happy to help the best I can. Steve

Guest KMTC

Wow, there seems to be alot of users on this forum from SE Michigan! Any idea on how large of an area your satellite scenery would cover?(eg will it be all of wayne county or just downtown or...) I would love to see one get done but unfortunatly I have no experience in that kind of stuff so I wouldnt be much of a help.

Guest usajet93

Small world I work In Livonia @ Roush And before that Willow Run Airport, just think I just asked last week what the best weather program out there was and I went with ASV. And My I add KDTW scenery from imaginesim.com is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Guest KMTC

Hey Bruce,just wondering what GA airport you usually sim fly out of...