Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

Visiting Dutch Harbor (Home port of Deadliest Catch)

Dutch Harbor is a great place if you are looking for a few challenging landings.

G-SPUR%201_zps7sdxfpeo.jpg

G-SPUR%205_zpsueoo4945.jpg

G-SPUR%207.5_zpsbye0lnoh.jpg

G-SPUR%2012_zpsgordgb74.jpg

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Look at those flaps! Great shots

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Very nice.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Cool shots  Is the airport scenery freeware or payware and is it for FSX, please?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Great shots!

I'd like to know the scenery as well...initially I thought the ship was one featured in the show (which I love), but its a container ship.

Now, if this was payware, and it had some of the crab boats in port and steaming to sea, it would be an instant buy for me!

Oh what a cool easter egg I wish someone could throw in flightsim....when you fly over the crabbing grounds they have on the show, you see some of the fleet fishing there, with animated crab pots going over the side...that would be awesome! 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Whao!! Beautiful

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks every one. Scenery is Dutch Harbor by Aerosoft and though it is not free, at $16.50 USD it isn't exactly a bank breaker either. Very challenging especially circling as shown in the images.  Alaska used to fly 737s in there, so if you have the Capt Sim 737-200 pack, Milviz, or of course PMDG, you can really have some fun!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Excellent shots, Kerry. I love that Carenado Citation

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Alaska used to fly 737s in (Dutch Harbor)...

I'd be interested in how many people could negotiate that "circle to land" flight pattern for runway 31 in one of those planes.  I doubt it's something that could be auto-landed.  It's pretty much "seat of the pants" and can be challenging in a DC-3.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

hmm does it still have that bug on side of runway where looks like a big ditch formed by side of runway?