Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

FSX: Steam Edition New Open beta

I have been waiting for a few weeks for this one.  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FSX: Steam Edition New Open beta [Official]
Tomorrow (14th April 2015) we are planning to release an update for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition into open beta. The open beta will run for seven days and allow players to provide feedback about the updated before it is released through Steam to all FSX: Steam Edition players. The beta is open to everyone however you will need to own FSX: Steam Edition to take part.

We will be publishing further details regarding the open beta and the exact content of the update tomorrow. Please keep an eye on this thread for more news coming soon.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Its out now!

-----------------

FSX: Steam Edition New Open beta [Official]
Tuesday 14/04/2015

The open beta for the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition update is now live. The beta will run for seven days (14/04/2015 – 21/04/2015) and will allow players to provide feedback about the update before it is released. 

Please find below the full changelog for the update

Offline Mode

• Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition can now be used in Steam’s Offline Mode. Multiplayer features can not be accessed whilst in this mode.

Multiplayer Fixes

• VoIP communication is now using the correct device identified in “Settings”.
  • During mission-based Multiplayer flights, if the host has activated the “Anti-Cheat” flag, users who have modified their aircraft are immediately disconnected without affecting other users. 
  • The Steam “Invite to Game” feature will now work by buffering the request until the user enters the Multiplayer menu.
  • Players are prompted to use the Steam Client to invite a user from the Multiplayer menu to become a friend on Steam.
  • On the Multiplayer Session and lobby screens, the text in the “Weather” section is now aligned correctly.

User Interface Updates

• If “Show Saved Flights” is enabled, the time stamps on the saved flight data will now show the correct time the flight was saved.
  • The HTML content in displayed in some windows (e.g. tutorials, mission help, etc) now uses Internet Explorer in IE9 compatibility mode, rather than IE8.
  • On the Multiplayer Session screen, the host's user name is now shown.
  • On the Multiplayer Session screen, “In Briefing Room” is now shown prior to the session starting .

Stability Updates 

• Potential causes of the terrain.dll crashes experienced by some users has been corrected.
  • Some compatibility issues encountered by third party add-ons that use SimConnect have been resolved

If you would like to install the update please do the following: 

• Open Steam
  • Open the Library tab
  • Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (which must already be installed)
  • Select Properties from the menu
  • Select the Beta tab at the top
  • In the password field, type – g2613flight2015
  • Click the Check Code button
  • From the drop down menu, select g2613build - 2015-03-31 version
  • FSX: Steam Edition will now update 
  • In the Steam Library, your game will be listed as Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition [g2613build]

The process should consist of a 16.9mb download. 

You can opt out of the beta at any time by doing the following: 

• Open Steam
  • Open the Library tab
  • Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition [g2610build]
  • Select Properties from the menu
  • Select the Beta tab at the top
  • From the drop down menu, select NONE - Opt out of all beta programs
  • FSX: Steam Edition will now update back to the LIVE version of the software
  • In the Steam Library, your game will be listed as Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Providing feedback

Please leave any feedback relating to the beta in this thread. Feedback in other threads may not be considered. We are interested in collecting feedback during the beta relating to follow topics only:

1. Any crashes that you experience
2. Any functions which are not working as expected but worked prior to installing the update. In other words did the update break anything?
3. Anything listed in the update notes which does not appear to be fixed or functioning as expected. 

Please note: At this time we are not focusing on fixes which are not listed in the update notes or which fall outside of the scope of this update. 

Monday 13/04/2015

Tomorrow (14th April 2015) we are planning to release an update for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition into open beta. The open beta will run for seven days and allow players to provide feedback about the updated before it is released through Steam to all FSX: Steam Edition players. The beta is open to everyone however you will need to own FSX: Steam Edition to take part.

We will be publishing further details regarding the open beta and the exact content of the update tomorrow. Please keep an eye on this thread for more news coming soon.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

The changelog is the same as for the previous beta except for:

• No more mention of g3d.dll fixes
  • No more mention of the creation of Steam Dumps after an application crash

Seems like the only added feature compared to the previous beta is the improved SimConnect compatibility. Can't say whether any of the other stuff got some spit and polish since march or not.

- Edit:

Changed files in the main FSX folder:

ablscpt.dll
acontain.dll
activate.exe
ai_player.dll
api.dll
atc.dll
controls.dll
demo.dll
DLCHelper.exe
DVDCheck.exe
eula.dll
facilities.dll
fe.dll
fileslist.txt
flight.dll
fs-traffic.dll
FS2000.exe
FS2002.exe
FS9.exe
fsui.dll
fsx.exe
FSXSEConfig.exe
g2d.dll
g3d.dll
gps.dll
Kiosk.exe
language.dll
livingwater.dll
main.dll
mspac.dll
mspacres.dll
multiplayer.dll
panels.dll
sim1.dll
SimConnect.dll
simprop.dll
simpropace.dll
simpropext.dll
simscheduler.dll
sldlext.dll
sound.dll
symmap.dll
terrain.dll
ui.dll
util.dll
visualfx.dll
weather.dll
window.dll
xuipc.dll

Take note of the changed fsx.exe, users of certain payware stuff.

- Edit²:

Installs an updated SimConnect when first run. Also, EULA.

- Edit³:

FSX runs, my PC didn't explode and my organs are still intact. Good update so far, I guess.

(No motivation for long-term testing though.)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

PMDG 777/ASN/FSUIPC seem to work for me. The only thing that I found doesn't work is GSX.

Take note of the changed fsx.exe, users of certain payware stuff.

Can we have the hope to finally RXP gets alive on fsx-se?   :P

Can we have the hope to finally RXP gets alive on fsx-se?   :P

not likely the programmer took off a long time ago I read. Flight1 and RXP are still selling the product though but no mention of no support. Too bad since I do not like the 750 and have no need to simulate it, the gps is rarely used in reality

Still downloading gta5 here so that will have to wait a little more :P

I hope it doesn't break a lot of addons tho.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

PMDG 777 is working OK on several previously saved approaches.

ASN started giving the common "cannot control ambient weather" message (networked setup).  Looked in exe.xml and found the ASN entry was after a dummy entry, I moved it up before the dummy entry, and w/ the same saved approach it stopped giving that message.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Note: The two items missing from the changelog (see my second to last post) were indeed an oversight. Also, DTG has added at least three new items. See the link in first post in this thread.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

PMDG 777/ASN/FSUIPC seem to work for me. The only thing that I found doesn't work is GSX.

Do you have re-install these add-on's after you installed the Beta?

Steve Canham

Do you have re-install these add-on's after you installed the Beta?

No. I just went straight into the beta and they worked just fine. As for GSX, just run the installer and it will install the new update that fixes that problem.

FSDT had to recompile the addonmanager, which is now done. You need to either download and install the new addonmanager, or run an existing FSDT installer (ex:GSX) which will automatically download and install the new addon manager. Then all FSDT addons GSX included, will work fine.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I can report that the Real Air Duke and the Milviz C-310 are working, but my Flight 1 King Air doesn't display a VC as is the situation every time DTG updates FSX.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD