Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

New KJFK

Just released:

http://store.x-plane.org/KJFK--New-York-John-F-Kennedy-International-v2_p_382.html

The description is claiming:

JFK v2 is the most detailed airport ever produced for X-Plane 10: With close to 20,000 objects and 1000+ animations, this is the most immersive airport you can get. (...) This is the most complete and comprehensive airport ever designed for X-Plane

Promo video by RedPiper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Qe6IMeaYA

System requirements are pretty high: min. 2 GB videocard (recommended 3 GB), min. 8 GB RAM.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I'm..........

Not really seeing it?

It seems detailed, but not more than FSDT average, and the textures.......

I really like the night lighting.

$19.95 seems ok.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This is for XP though

I wonder if MisterX will do a rendition?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm..........

Not really seeing it?

It seems detailed, but not more than FSDT average, and the textures.......

I really like the night lighting.

$19.95 seems ok.....

It looks great to me, especially considering that its only $20 and for X-Plane. Would never buy it if I get X-Plane though , because its high degree of realism would bring back awful memories of transiting through JFK as a passenger!  :P

Looks good, but I'd be worried it would lag on my system too much, the default New York in X-Plane is very heavy on my FPS. Good price though. If anyone has it then please do let us know.

On a side note (and just my personal opinion), I wish more developers would concentrate on smaller regional airfields and GA fields instead of the large international ones. With smaller airports, it's possible to add more detail and really concentrate on the smaller details which brings the place alive. Plus, not everyone likes flying heavies

I agree, I would love to see more regional airports too.

This JFK looks nice, but I was pretty happy with the Drewsiski design version of JFK. I think Ill stick with that unless I see something that really wows me. I already bought 2 versions of JFK for X-plane 10. How many do we need?

Rob

On a side note (and just my personal opinion), I wish more developers would concentrate on smaller regional airfields and GA fields instead of the large international ones. With smaller airports, it's possible to add more detail and really concentrate on the smaller details which brings the place alive. Plus, not everyone likes flying heavies

My initial impression was (in contrast to your's) that there are far more small payware airports than big ones. Big ones are really lacking in many parts of the world. Where is a realistic payware for Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bejing, Barcelona, Oslo, Cape Town, ... But yes, although these are missing, you're right that the few available payware airports are mainly big ones. The problem is that there are too few airports in general.

Thankfully we have more and more good to very good freeware, both small and big.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

This JFK looks nice, but I was pretty happy with the Drewsiski design version of JFK. I think Ill stick with that unless I see something that really wows me. I already bought 2 versions of JFK for X-plane 10. How many do we need?

I've been thinking about picking up their New York airports package. If detail and performance are anywhere close to their other products such as Tallinn or Moscow, I'll be more than happy with it.

Nah, I will pass.  I got the original KJFK from buying the 777 Pro package.  I was not impressed.  Resource hog and was a significant framerate hit.  More stuffs for V2 will just add more to the problem. 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020