Sign in to follow this  
captain420

A2A Cessna 182 and P3D v2.5, wow!

I never imagined how amazingly beautiful and well crafted this plane is when I really started using it with P3D v2.5. I do mostly tubeliners and have slowly started to get back into GA flying, you know, low and slow vfr sight seeing. This aircraft made me want to fly GA even more now. I'm looking into purchasing the GTN 750 for this from Flight1. Does anyone have this setup with this plane and could tell me if it's worth the $65?

I'm looking to improve my experience further.

Simply hands down the best GA plane for P3D I've flown! 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes the C182 is a beautiful plane, I would pick the Chereoke over it though.

Yes the Flight1 750 would be worth it as you can integrate it into many planes.

A2A Simulations are going to release there own version of a built in GPS on an upcoming free update. I'll try and find the news link.

I'm an avid fan of the GTN units from Flight1. (I'm an avid fan of the A2A aircraft as well, but that needs no explanation.. ^_^ )

They are definitely worth the cost, in my opinion.  There's been no other add-on that's changed my simming so dramatically. If you have a separate touch screen (or are willing to invest in one) they are even better.  Since I typically use them as 2D popups on a separate screen, I have them installed in almost everything I fly.  In the few aircraft where you can install them into the VC (182, T. Duke from RealAir), I usually have two installed; one 750 to have in the VC, one as a popup.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

If you have a separate touch screen (or are willing to invest in one) they are even better

Hello Jimmy,

Would you mean like an IPad or Samsung Tablet?? 

In the few aircraft where you can install them into the VC (182, T. Duke from RealAir), I usually have two installed; one 750 to have in the VC, one as a popup.

Do you have to buy 2 in that case?  Or can you just double them up? 

Here's the link for the update,   

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46234

A2A Simulations are going to release there own version of a built in GPS on an upcoming free update. I'll try and find the news link.

Ok i think i got that &@($*-ways lol,    silly poppet  :ph34r:

Do you have to buy 2 in that case?  Or can you just double them up? 

The GTN popup is a standard feature - no cost involved.

Bert

Hello Jimmy,
Would you mean like an IPad or Samsung Tablet??

I use a 23" touchscreen, on a monitor arm / bracket that allows me to reposition it: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX54296

Do you have to buy 2 in that case? Or can you just double them up?

You can install two units, i.e. two GTN 750's side by side.  The only drawback is that there's no crossfill of flight plans.  Typically, I use one for the flight plan, the other to view charts or terrain or the vertical calculator.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Poppet wow, that's awesom, but aren't those screenshots using the third party GTN 750/650 from Flight1?

I thought this could already be done? At least in the A2A 182. I see options for this in the plane's configuration utility. 

Not sure what that update is suppose to do? Sort of confused. Do you mean that the new update will include those new gps gauges or will it just allow us to incorporate thirdy party ones into the virtual cockpit?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

If you like moving maps and magenta lines, get the GTN750, if you are an old school pilot prefering something less intrusive so you can focus on your primary flight instruments, consider the GTN650.  I have both 750 and 650, I feel the 650 fits the typical GA cockpit a little better.  The 750 is ideal for high performance aircraft like the Turbine Duke.  Yes the 650 requires another click or two go get the info you need, but at typical 172/Cherokee and 182 speeds, there is plenty of time for this.

Putting a GTN750 in a 50year old airplane like the Cherokee would be like putting a modern automobile GPS, backup camera, bluetooth interface in a 1960s car.  A huge TV screen kind of spoils the 60s look, not to mention the real life cost of the avionics being close to or equal the real life value of the airplane.  A 'smaller' screen like the 650 blends in a little better, and at 110kts, you have plenty of time to figure out where you are without huge moving map.

Another thing in favor of the 650 is future compatibility.  Being the smaller unit, it is an easier fix for developers to fit with minimal panel redesign, as well as being available for more possibilities.  Single or Tandem seat aircraft with fighter style cockpits likely won't have panel space for a 750.  Think of the potential RealAir Scoutv2,  A2A Civil versions of upcomming AT-6 and T-33...much more likely be 650 compatible.

Cheers

TJ

Looking at A2A's site, seems the Cherokee is only available for FSX, how do you guys get it working in P3D?

The GTN popup is a standard feature - no cost involved.

Thank you Bert,  sounds good  

I use a 23" touchscreen, on a monitor arm / bracket that allows me to reposition it: http://www.memoryexp...roducts/MX54296

Thank you Jimmy,  that's very cool.  I have a small enough space so a retractable arm would be perfect 

If you like moving maps and magenta lines, get the GTN750, if you are an old school pilot prefering something less intrusive so you can focus on your primary flight instruments, consider the GTN650. I have both 750 and 650, I feel the 650 fits the typical GA cockpit a little better. The 750 is ideal for high performance aircraft like the Turbine Duke. Yes the 650 requires another click or two go get the info you need, but at typical 172/Cherokee and 182 speeds, there is plenty of time for this.

Or get both. ^_^   I agree that the 650 has a less obtrusive look in the VC, but I'm simply partial to the 750 because I actually use it as a real touchscreen in it's 2D guise.  Used in this manner, I can say that the 750 is a bit easier to use.  I mentioned using 2 x 750's, so as to have one visible (non-blacked out) in the VC, while using one a popup on a second (touchscreen) monitor; it would be just as viable to do that with a 1 x 750, 1 x 650 install, where the 650 is the one visible in the VC and the 750 on the second screen.

I've seen real world photos of 750's in the 182, so it's believable enough for that aircraft I would think.  The Cherokee might be a stretch though!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Looking at A2A's site, seems the Cherokee is only available for FSX, how do you guys get it working in P3D?

Aaron the Cherekoo is available to P3D without the Migration tool 

Not sure what that update is suppose to do? Sort of confused. Do you mean that the new update will include those new gps gauges or will it just allow us to incorporate thirdy party ones into the virtual cockpit?

To be completely honest with you Aaron,  i'm confused too.   Maybe someone with actual real know how will put me out of my embarrassing misery  :blush:

Currently the 182 lets you either have 750 OR 650 as Com1/Nav1.  The patch will allow you to have 750 AND 650 together (Com1/Nav1 AND Com2/Nav2 with GTN), as well as bringing GTN capability to the 172 and Cherokee.