Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Flight1 GTN V5 now available.

Quote:

"GTN V5 PC Trainer support:

Geo-referenced charts: if an approach is loaded and the chart option is selected, its chart is automatically loaded and displayed behind the map. Also, the geo-referenced airplane is displayed on the chart page.

Updated databases: full worldwide terrain, no need to buy the DVD anymore, updated navigation database: 1405, SafeTaxi, basemap, charts

WAAS approaches outside of USA, depending on availability. There are some in Europe, We suggest checking the official European EGNOS website for compatible airports, there are a few compared to the US

ADS-B traffic with directional target information, this replaces the old TIS and provides a different angle in traffic awareness and avoidance

Utilities/scheduler: ability to schedule custom messages

Ability to change fuel units to metric

The GTN will now uses all CPU cores, this provides a smoother overall experience with multiple units.
The CPU Core option is not available anymore.

P3D 2.5 hotfix 3 support."

I have been test flying this release for several weeks and it is great  :P

Bert

Bert, thanks very much for the heads up!  I know what I'll be upgrading tonight. :lol:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks Bert!!!!

I was waiting for this update before upgrading from the gns units.

Jose

Quote:

"GTN V5 PC Trainer support:

Geo-referenced charts: if an approach is loaded and the chart option is selected, its chart is automatically loaded and displayed behind the map. Also, the geo-referenced airplane is displayed on the chart page.

Updated databases: full worldwide terrain, no need to buy the DVD anymore, updated navigation database: 1405, SafeTaxi, basemap, charts

WAAS approaches outside of USA, depending on availability. There are some in Europe, We suggest checking the official European EGNOS website for compatible airports, there are a few compared to the US

ADS-B traffic with directional target information, this replaces the old TIS and provides a different angle in traffic awareness and avoidance

Utilities/scheduler: ability to schedule custom messages

Ability to change fuel units to metric

The GTN will now uses all CPU cores, this provides a smoother overall experience with multiple units.
The CPU Core option is not available anymore.

P3D 2.5 hotfix 3 support."

I have been test flying this release for several weeks and it is great  :P

Where is the download link to v5?

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sounds great. I shall finally make it to the new touchscreen devices. Need more planes with 3D integration support. :mellow:

Sounds great. I shall finally make it to the new touchscreen devices. Need more planes with 3D integration support. :mellow:

So far:

Cessna 310 (Extra Charge) & B55

RA Duke T V2

A2A 182

Any others?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

So far:

RA Duke T V2

A2A 182

Any others?

Alabeo PA-32

Eddie
KABQ

A2A 172 & Cherokee to get GTN updates pretty soon, *possilbly within a few days or week

RealAir Legacy and PDukev2 slated for GTN updates but unknown how far away that is.

Should we also update the Garmin GTN Trainer? When I installed 1.08 it took me to the Garmin page to download, but I ignored that because I already have it on my system. Now I'm worried I should have reinstalled the Garmin software too. Everything seems to be working right in FSX though.

Should we also update the Garmin GTN Trainer? When I installed 1.08 it took me to the Garmin page to download, but I ignored that because I already have it on my system. Now I'm worried I should have reinstalled the Garmin software too. Everything seems to be working right in FSX though.

Yes you will need to install the NEW Garmin Trainer (v5). That is where all the additional data comes from. 

Eddie
KABQ

So far:

RA Duke T V2

A2A 182

Any others?

Flysimware Cessna 402 and Cessna 441.

I hope there will be support to add the GTN 750/650 into Realair Lancair Legacy once the P3D version is released.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just a quick question before I start this.  The Garmin site says the new version 5 of their trainer only has north and south American terrain and purchase of the disc is required to get the rest of the world. Does F1 have a different download for the trainer?

Yes you will need to install the NEW Garmin Trainer (v5). That is where all the additional data comes from. 

Dang, I was hoping to avoid more updating. Thanks for the clarification though. Downloading the 5.00.1 Garmin trainer right now.