Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Flight1 GTN V5 now available.

Just a quick question before I start this.  The Garmin site says the new version 5 of their trainer only has north and south American terrain and purchase of the disc is required to get the rest of the world. Does F1 have a different download for the trainer?

That is a Garmin documentation error.  Just go ahead.

Bert

Strange, that link takes me to   " What's New with Version 1.07"

ZORAN

It's not a big deal... it's obviously working for everyone... they probably haven't updated their main site yet.  It's common for users in the F1 forums to get product links first before it goes to their main site.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can you use this update on the P3dV2 version as well?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yes... just be sure to redownload the airplane red wrapper file from the F1 Tech site

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Bert for the heads-up. Yet as someone mentioned above, the Fligh1 website and also the link you provided sends me to version 1.07 and it states:

"....The terrain map included with the GTN 750 and 650 includes North America and Central America only. ...if you want a terrain map of the rest of the world, we are working on having this available as a download in the near future, so no additional DVD purchase will be necessary...."

This is the old version - I used two different browsers, refreshed page, and cannot see the new version! That's odd...

Edit: Noticed now that the download posted in F1 website is for Version 1.08. Probably F1 didn't update yet the complete webpage....starting the download...

Edmundo Azevedo

Bert:

Do I have to pay again if I have purchased the earlier version?

Thanks

The update is free! You download and just choose reinstall. Make sure you download the upgraded Garmin trainer software (the setup program brings you right to the download), that way you will get global terrain functionality!

So far:

Cessna 310 (Extra Charge) & B55

RA Duke T V2

A2A 182

Any others?

I'd add the Flysimware planes (C441 and upcoming MU-2).

Alabeo PA-32

Good point.

A2A 172 & Cherokee to get GTN updates pretty soon, *possilbly within a few days or week

RealAir Legacy and PDukev2 slated for GTN updates but unknown how far away that is.

Oh, those would be awesome additions for sure. I'd hope that Aerosoft also considers their TwinOtter.

So there are a few planes (me is only looking for GTN750 compatible ones, the 650 can surely be added manually to a few more) but I would always welcome even more. Guess the RXP spoiled me in the sense of driving all my GPS-capable planes in some way or another.

Anyway, this GTN stuff is neat and Flight1 keeping up the pace of updates adds to the amazement. Would be nice seeing a X-Plane installer btw. B)

I just bought and installed the latest GTN750. Everything works fine except the charts - I get a message saying "Chart Function Unavailable".

How can I fix this issue??

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo

Oh, those would be awesome additions for sure. I'd hope that Aerosoft also considers their TwinOtter.

As much as I'd like it, I don't ever expect to see an update for the GTN on the AS Twin Otter.  Comments were made on the AS forum that made it clear the topic wasn't open for discussion.

I'm excited for the updates for the other two A2A planes, but I'd be really pumped for an update to the Legacy!  That was mentioned quite awhile ago, and I've been waiting patiently ever since!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

When you buy the GTN product you get access to that section in their forums. Their are some good instructions for integrating into the panels of a lot of popular planes.

I just bought and installed the latest GTN750. Everything works fine except the charts - I get a message saying "Chart Function Unavailable".

How can I fix this issue??

Thanks

This might depend on the airport...

Try KTPA as a test.

Bert

Bert

Received your email, yes I uninstalled both the GNT 750 and the trainer and installed the trainer and then the GNT 750.

I have uninstalled both and downloaded both and reinstalled with the same results nothing is working. Everything was working

fine before the update. Any ideas how to solve this problem greatly appreciated.

Redduke