Sign in to follow this  
rsaleur

RealityXP with two GNS430

Hi everybody

I use RealityXP GNS430 gauge with Eaglesoft SR20 Cirrus and try to find a solution for the more realistic configuration to train IFR approaches. Thus I bought the RXP unlimited license to have a double GNS configuration. It works, but the Cirrus PFD is always working with GPS1, even when I select GPS2 using the bezel buttons. It is this impossible to me to play an approach which requires to track a route to/from a waypoint until interception of another route to/from another waypoints. The VOR parts of the two GNS seem to work properly, but the GPS's don't, only GPS1.

Any idea please?

R.

RXP refused long ago to integrate with our Avidyne PFD in the configuration you are attempting to accomplish.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thank you Ron

Is there a solution to link PFD instrument 1 with RXP and instrument 2 with eaglesoft cirrsu GPS 2?

Nope, sorry...send a message to RXP B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

You can try something else...

Try changing the active Navigation Device by right clicking on the memory card on the GNS430.

If you have Tooltips active, it will tell you which device is "active" ie driving the autopilot.

If that works, you can try to take it the next step, by assigning a keypress to the Device Toggle, and use FSUIPC to intercept the bezel button, and initiate the toggle function..  It may just work  ^_^

Bert

Thank you Bert for the idea you propose. I will try. I never noticed that something happens when right clicking the GNS memory card. Do I need to install something else to do that?

Anyway if that would work it would not exactly do what I need : I still want the AP to be driven by GPS 1 but I want the PFD to display track to waypoint of GPS1 on top (HSI) and waypoint of GPS2 down (RMI) exactly like I do it in real life in my SR20. 

Bret, I tried what you proposed. It works in the sense that I can change the choice of the device linked to the PFD with this right click. But it changes both for the HSI and the RMI to that same GPS device each time. What I want to do, as it is possible in the real world, is to have the HSI on one device and the RMI on the other one... Not sure it is due to RXP.

What you want would require RXP to contact us with integration code for our Avidynes. Something they refused to do way back in the day.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ok. No solution since I understand that RXP is bankrupted. Which GPS add-on would you suggest I should use in ordre to do what I wish?

Dear all

What I don't understand is : if the problem is 100% due to RXP, why is it also impossible to link Nav1 to Gps1 and Nav2 to Gps2 also without RXP and with the original GNS430 from Eaglsoft's SR20?

R.

I believe this is an fsx limitation.

fsx only knows of one active gps at a time.

Bert

It's rather simple when you think it through. FS offers a default GPS 500 which is limited to one GPS function and offers no FP building capability.

It simply reads a plan built in the default FS Planner and displays within itself and gauges built to the default FS SDK standard.

Our 430's are built with the same capabilities and limitations as the default GPS 500 with 430 faces. Our Avidynes, while expertly coded, are based on default SDK principles in order to display plans and they read from the default flight planner as well.

RXP and any other third party GPS vendor which offers FP planning capability and FP display must depart from default SDK standard. When they do so our Avidynes must be able to read what that vendor is doing with regard to multiple GPS's, their displays, and how that handle FP's. Without that provision to us from the third party vendor everything what simmers desire comes to a halt. Note: If that provision is offered by the vendor, an Avidyne rewrite to non SDK standard is required and price increases accordingly.

At the end of the day, the type of realism desired, if accomplished in an entertainment title, will drive product price nearly out of market range. Hope this helps. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hummm?  Did you ever resolve this issue?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere