Sign in to follow this  
philx

IAN Approach pmdg

Just started to try and do these approaches and have a few questions.

I set up for the approach, say I am doing a Vor DME, I go to the FMC arrivals and select the required VOR DME approach, my radios are tuned  and both courses set to the VOR inbound course. The deviation pointers LNAV AND VNAV are there as I approach in to the final approach fix I still see no Approach Reference being annunciated on the PFD (white writing on the top left which i am expecting) but It says only LOC/VNAV in white, not runway information/course and distance to MAP as it should before hitting APP...wondering how to get it to show me this before i press APP (approach) because as soon as I do press it, boom its there and both scales expand.

Cheers

You won't get an APP indication in a VOR/DME approach as there is no vertical guidance. Only in ILS or LNAV+V or LPV approaches will you have approach capabilities on the autopilot. 

Eddie
KABQ

Not true, as with IAN you can fly any approach in the FMS database like an ILS, it will create a virtual glide path. Pressing APP on the MCP, arms FAC and G/P.

Is any one able to help with my original question regarding IAN?

You won't get the info you want until you engage APP - the a/c simply doesn't have the info for a VOR/DME approach because the VOR may not be congruent with the runway or have the same direction.  It is also better to tune two different VORs rather than the one, since it gives better position data to use two.

DJ