Sign in to follow this  
Raufvogel

My ILS frequency is not passed in NAV RADIO

This afternoon I have installed my PMDG 744-8iF in FSX Steam edition, everything works fine except when I'm in DEP / ARR my ILS runway allot in my case ILS06 in Schiphol-Amsterdam, I see 110.55 / 057 are not in NAV RADIO but there is PARK, I did but then entered manually, and it worked well.

I really want to know why nothing happens, my PMDG 777-200LR / F does it automatically

How far out are you?

I forget the exact figure, but the ILS only autotunes when you are within a certain distance of the arrival airfield (around 40NM IIRC).

Thanks for you response, my 747 was in the air with an effective FMC, but for the Schiphol runway ILS06 110.55 responded ILS did not respond, and I saw no ILS frequency in NAV RADIO, I've done the same with the 777 200LR / F and there it went well with it  :(

Dear Simon Kelsey, 

I'm sorry that I've bothered you, but I've made a new flight from Rotterdam EHRD-06 to Brussels EBBR-01 ILS109.90-01/014 and indeed came halfway through the ILS display on NAV RADIO.
I'm very happy with it.
Thank you for your cooperation  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No problem. Glad you got it working! I'll try and find the bit in the FCOM that explains the conditions required for the ILS to autotune.

Dear Simon,

Yet there is something wrong with the database of the Boeing 747-400.

If I were in the Boeing 777-200LR / F route EHBK-06 to EDDL-23L ILS 109.90 / 232 input, and then via ROUTE NOR1A input, FMC makes itself as To NOR.

Then I enter ARR ILS23L and as TRANS: BAM

This works perfectly, incl. a happy landing.

However, as I in the same way this data in the Boeing 747-400 then ROUTE, and as input via NOR1A, I get a message: NOT IN DATABASE?

Is there anything I need to change in FSX?

Hello Jaap,

That seems strange. Just to confirm (I'm sure you do): do you have the same navigation database installed in both aircraft (and confirmed via the IDENT page on the FMC)?

I'll have a look at that particular problem on my own installation later and see if I can reproduce the problem!

Thank you very much;

Is there a way to check if the installation is done? I have downloaded the PMDG 744-8iF installed as Administrator, as I have also installed the PMDG 777-200LR / F.

I just figured out where the two PMDG aircraft have been installed:

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ Steam apps \ common \ FSX \ PMDG \ 747 400

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ Steam apps \ common \ FSX \ PMDG \ PMDG 777X

InstallPMDGinSteam.jpg

I think I've found that after I for the 2nd one flight've made of EHKD03-EHGG23 and this time the right height and DEP/ARR had filled perfect autotuner came nicely after a few miles with the ILS data NAV / RAD (the 1st time they were not there) I am now confident that indeed all still good (perfect) is!!!
EHKD03-EHGG23.jpg