Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Moving map for iPhone/iPad that works with P3D?

I use to use Remote Flight HD app to track my current flight on a map using the iPhone/iPad when using FSX. But this doesn't seem to work with P3D.

Does anyone know of a good app that communicates with P3D 2.5 to show my plane's position in real time on a map?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Not sure if any of these work with P3D since I only use FSX but the following are ways you can track your flight on a mobile device :

1. FSX Flight Tracker (Link) - Browser based (Free)

2. FSX Live (Link) - Browser Based (Free) - These guys have even more apps that work with sims

3. FlightSimGPS (Link) - App Based (ForeFlight) (Free)

4. FSXFlight (Link) - App Based (ForeFlight) (Paid)

5. VatTraffic (Link) - App (Only works if you're flying online on VATSIM)

6. Air Track (Link) - App (Paid) Plug-In required : Link

7. FSWidgets (Link) - App (Paid)

8. GPSSimCable (Link) - Hardware (Paid)

I've also heard of iFlightPlanner (Link) which is predominantly used for real world planning but there were a few posts by the developers that were looking to integrate their app with simulators such as FSX/XPlane/P3D. Maybe they've done it already - you'll have to check their forums for that.

Edit: It seems iFlightPlanner has featured the integration with all 3 sims already. It does require the payware plug-in listed at number 4 in the list above. Check here.

I'm sure there are plenty more that support a remote connection of your mobile device with your simulator machine but these are the few that I've read/heard of in the past. They all should work with P3D as long as you have a registered version of FSUIPC.

I use FSXFollow with FSX, which is a paid app, which requires a plug-in. Works great and should also work with P3D.

Felix

FlightGo is the best (for USA/Canada only) for the iPad, maybe iPhone too, 

It has every chart you can imagine, WAC, TAC, Sectional, Hi, Lo...everything and its go a moving map that connects to your PC via SimConnect and shows you moving around all the maps. It even works on Airport Diagrams so you can see where you are taxiing....kinda like SafeTaxi.+

Free

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom