Sign in to follow this  
sudqui

BEGGINING WITH LIDA PROBLEMS

Hello.

I have FSX and MCP combo Boeing.

I have 7 joys of selling Chinese bazaars which dismounted and fabricated a device with many buttons that functions overhead.

I have too 3 IOcards for many purposes.

I have too two saitek pro flight joke, rudders and saitek swicht panel.

Ok, my firts problem is that I unzipped LINDA in modules  folder and I'm reading the instrucctions from the tutorial to install the mcp combo boeing.

I first delete all the assigments from all joys, Iocards, saitek instruments and after I go to the setup joysticks and save.

After this I go to the setup mcp combo , and I set all the parameters in the tutorial are.

In mcp combo settings I set mcp2(boeing), enabled, and com 2 and save.

In fsuipc config I set version 4.939 (ok), fsuipc4.ini: looking good, [VRInsight] found, ok, x=com2 found ,ok.

I create a line in fsuipc4.ini and write [VRInsight] 1=COM2.

And when I run LINDA console  a line shws the next words: LUA.00---->:: could not open MCP combo port and when start the fsx show me a window that says: LUA DISPLAY : VRI MCP combo is enabled but no found the port com2.

I've forgot something when installing LINDA or MCP SETUP?

Other question, before deleting all the assigments from the all joys I save a copy from the c-users-appdat-roaming-microsoft-fsx-controls-standad when are all the assigments saved.

I can use LINDA without delete the assigments from all joys excecp mcp combo?

Regards.

Hello. Nobody has seen the post????

Hello. I discover a mistake I made...usb cable was disconnected ... unforgivable of me.

I've done all the installation process and all buttons do not work, only some of them as, ie the right of the mcp only works the baro, part of the radio works all about nav, com, trasnponder, adf, etc.

Can someone tell me how to make everything work?

Regards.

Hello,

you have to make sure at which COM Port the Combo is installed.

Normally, if you don't change it, it is on COM Port 3.

Or you have other devices installed which are blocking port 3.

So far I can't help you, maybe have a little search on how to lookup a devices COM port.

Other question, before deleting all the assigments from the all joys I save a copy from the c-users-appdat-roaming-microsoft-fsx-controls-standad when are all the assigments saved.

I can use LINDA without delete the assigments from all joys excecp mcp combo?

Regards.

You don't have to delete all your assignments. FSUIPC (and therefore LINDA) are always the last instance.

So if you have assigned Gear to a button in FSX and have assigned something else for that button in FSUIPC or LINDA, then FSUIPC/LINDA rules

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Guenseli and thanks for your answer.

I know what is the port, is the number 3.

My problem now is, I'm not sure how to create a profile for my 747 pmdg.

When I go to the MCP part in LINDA there are a list of planes at the top and there's no the 747 pmdg.

Then, What I have to do to create a profile for LINDA works with my plane?

I have to go to NEW?

I tried to create a new profile but  only got it to work the baro on the left side of the combo and nav buttons, com, TRNX in part on the right.

Even I download a profile here in avsim but following the manual/tutorial I can't make it work.

Can you explain to me how create a profile for a 747 pmdg?

Thanks in advance.

Hello...Nobody knows how to create a new profile with LINDA?

It's impossible I can fly my B747 with Combo II?

Thanks.

Hi sudqui,

creating a LINDA module from scratch can be a bit of a hassle. First you need to create a new cfg for the PMDG 747 within LINDA. When you did that you go to the editor and open up the cfg. Obviously it is empty. Now you start defining the systems. Open up an existing module to see how the structure of a module is. Lets say start with the lights. This is a very easy start and will help you understand how LINDA works. The lines below shows the lights section of the module for Cerasims H-60 i wrote a few months ago.

-- ## Lights ##########

function Strobe_Lights_On ()  ---this line is defined by yourself
    ipc.writeLvar("staposlt", 1) ---this line is the LVar (LUA Variable) that should be written if you push the button where it is assigned to
end

function Strobe_Lights_Off ()
    ipc.writeLvar("staposlt", 0)
end

Strict adherence to the sections definition must be given otherwise you will not see the section in the controller setup menu. LINDA is a case sensitive lady. 

Now where to get the LVars from. LINDA comes with a tracer. Open that up and you will see all the LVars your 747 has to offer. As we want to start with the lights look for the strobe lights. I give you an template below. Copy and paste it into your cfg you created in the first place. If you just found the LVar for the strobes insert it. Save it, go to the controller setup and assign a button to the strobe light function. Obviously the number (1) is for Strobes ON and the number (0) is for the lights to switch OFF.

-- ## Lights ##########

function Strobe_Lights_On ()  
    ipc.writeLvar("INSERT PMDG 747 STROBELIGHT LVAR HERE", 1) 
end

function Strobe_Lights_Off ()
    ipc.writeLvar("INSERT PMDG 747 STROBELIGHT LVAR HERE", 0)
end

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg