Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

the FTX (ORBX) website has been off-line, all morning....

Bumping this...Can access the forums at ORBX but cannot do anything else but read.  "Migrationgate" continues with a slew of people having problems with their textures and needing solutions but ORBX's official stance is to file a support topic and after Ben gets back from vacation, will address.

Anyone else think there's something really rotten in Denmark?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Seems entirely out of character.

All appeared well in the convention video, but the lack of attention to the pulse of the public is disconcerting.

I hope and anticipate all is well.

Kind regards,

Seems entirely out of character.

All appeared well in the convention video, but the lack of attention to the pulse of the public is disconcerting.

I hope and anticipate all is well.

Kind regards,

And if I wasn't as understanding or patient, I'd would have brought up the fact that ORBX seriously dropped the ball here by releasing a feature to FTX Central that has significantly caused problems with users, right before a major event they planned to attend AND switched their servers.  They claimed the server switch couldn't be helped, but you know, I've worked in the IT field in the past, and we always gave advanced notice and warning that something was going to be done that would affect users.

So could anyone shed some light on why ORBX was in such a rush to push this Unified LCLookup out when they did?  Oh yeah, and let's not forget that in August, we'll get yet another version of FTX Central, when ORBX is finally going solo with the sales of their products AND will run their own servers AND streamline the installation process of products users bought.

They HAVE to know that their client base is big enough that sudden changes to their products and services, without proper support is going to cause problems. :(

• Upvote 2

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

ORBX forum site is down again.

What a mess!

I dont see how all of these texture problems are going to be fixed and Im anticipating an ORBX reinstall. The problem is JV seems to think there are only a handful of people with problems and no one is really addressing the issue but because these graphic issues occur only in certain areas a lot of simmers haven't noticed them ..yet, as there is a lot of territory to fly over and could take a while to see any graphic corruption

ZORAN

The forums have been up and down since yesterday evening.  Supposedly they found the issue yesterday, but I think it may be something more.  In the meantime, if anyone is having an issue with the migration and wants to try again, I found this nugget yesterday on the forum that may help.

Open a command line in windows (Windows 10, just click on the start button and type in CMD) or in Win7, go to the start menu, click on the run button and then type CMD.  After which, type in the following at the prompt:

"%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration /sim:p3dv3

This will initiate a file within the ORBX directory of your sim that will reinitialize the migration.

Also, it had been discussed that not every folder within the ORBX directory will have a migration file, meaning that not everything needs migration, such as airports.  I experimented with that conclusion last night by installing OpenLC Norway and ESSA (Stockholm/Arlanda), both from ORBX.  After Norway was finished installing, a DOS window appeared with a lot of files processing, but with ESSA, nothing appeared, but still installed as normal.

Maybe this will help out someof you out there with migration issues.

The forums have been up and down since yesterday evening.  Supposedly they found the issue yesterday, but I think it may be something more.  In the meantime, if anyone is having an issue with the migration and wants to try again, I found this nugget yesterday on the forum that may help.

Open a command line in windows (Windows 10, just click on the start button and type in CMD) or in Win7, go to the start menu, click on the run button and then type CMD.  After which, type in the following at the prompt:

"%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration /sim:p3dv3

This will initiate a file within the ORBX directory of your sim that will reinitialize the migration.

Also, it had been discussed that not every folder within the ORBX directory will have a migration file, meaning that not everything needs migration, such as airports.  I experimented with that conclusion last night by installing OpenLC Norway and ESSA (Stockholm/Arlanda), both from ORBX.  After Norway was finished installing, a DOS window appeared with a lot of files processing, but with ESSA, nothing appeared, but still installed as normal.

Maybe this will help out someof you out there with migration issues.

Thanks running it again now...nothing to lose

ZORAN

This is becoming very annoying! I still can't get into there forums and it's been happening often lately!!   I hope this is not a sign of there new in-house store!!

What annoys me is that there seems to be no way whatsoever to install an earlier version of either FTX Central or Orbxlibs. If I install FTX Global from the scratch, it automatically downloads the newest FTX Central. If I then download the libraries, it automatically starts the migration process upon opening FTX Central without my consent. Right now I am not even installing Orbxlibs for this reason. Why would it be so hard to offer a previous Orbxlibs version for those who want to defer migrating to the new lclookup?

It's a shame that their timing on this is so bad. First the release of the new FTXC and the new libraries, then a shutdown of the forum, then the absence due to their trip to Fscon,and  then it was announced that one of the developers would be on vacation until almost the end of June.

Hi Folks,

LOL - had a bit of a chuckle - all this right after an ORBX announcement about relieving the previous admin who had been with them for years because they were moving forward and needed "world class support" to support their ever growing company... They're not using "CGI Federal" - LOL - are they ?

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

then it was announced that one of the developers would be on vacation until almost the end of June.

yea I guess  everyone  has  to  work 24/7   52  weeks of  the  year  with no holidays  and  besides no  one  knows  the  full details   on whats  happening  at orbx  only  speculation happening  here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What annoys me is that there seems to be no way whatsoever to install an earlier version of either FTX Central or Orbxlibs. If I install FTX Global from the scratch, it automatically downloads the newest FTX Central. If I then download the libraries, it automatically starts the migration process upon opening FTX Central without my consent. Right now I am not even installing Orbxlibs for this reason. Why would it be so hard to offer a previous Orbxlibs version for those who want to defer migrating to the new lclookup?

It's a shame that their timing on this is so bad. First the release of the new FTXC and the new libraries, then a shutdown of the forum, then the absence due to their trip to Fscon,and  then it was announced that one of the developers would be on vacation until almost the end of June.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to revert back.

First off, let's be clear about the role ORBX plays with the software on your computer.  When you bought their content, you consented to them being able to develop, update and consequently advance the technologies of their software to work better on your computer.  You don't own the software, ORBX does.  What you own is the rite to run it on your system, so ORBX can do whatever it likes.  If it's that big of a deal and you feel as though you don't have enough control over someone else's software, it is then a simple matter of uninstalling it.

Understand that ORBX's software is constantly evolving to make it easier to function within your sim.  Why wouldn't people welcome something like that?  How I have come to understand this new process is that they have taken the "human interaction" out of he equation by implementing a feature to constantly "look up" where you are, and inject the appropriate scenery.  Before, yes, you needed to specify what you wanted loaded, per your flightplan, but I believe they found many people had trouble with that, whether it be technical issues with Global transitioning with a region, or just plain human error in not understanding how the transition works.  Now, with the Unified LCLookup, you don't have to worry about specifying a specific region or Global to load initially, LCLookup does it for you.

As for the newer vs. older libraries, ORBX is not going to stand still with their developments.  As they progress forward, we need to stay with them.  Think of it like this: you load the older software and are happy the way it is, then ORBX comes out with new regions that you want and download them, not realizing that their new regions incorporate new tech.  You'll find out immediately, that something is wrong, textures don't load or your sim crashes.  Also, consider that come August, ORBX will have their own store to sell their products direct, and they will have a new FTX Central that will keep track of everything you own and ensure it is downloaded, installed and set within their new tech...easy peasy.

I can sympathize with your frustrations, but if you give them the chance to help you, contact them, open a ticket.  They have a good team of people to get your issues sorted out.

• Upvote 1

Their preferred image hosting site had been down also. While that site is up again for new uploads, they haven't retrieved the older uploads yet. So older links to those pics don't show correctly yet, neither on the ORBX forums, nor on any other one.

Looks like the only ORBX thing running fine currently, is John Venema's Porsche!   :rolleyes:

EDIT: Currently their forum doesn't work properly, either. You can access their forum page, but can't log in to the support section. Throws up some fancy error if you try.

Edited by Ex Ollie

I want to revert (or start with after a reinstall) to the pre-unified mode because I know that back then, everything worked 100% without any strange texture tiles or blurries, whereas now, after many user reports, I am concerned that I might encounter the said anomalies on my flights. Consider it a risk management issue. Of course, I would only use the older version until the issues will be fixed. With that statement, I am not opposing the idea of a unified lclookup.