Sign in to follow this  
Krazypilot13

737ngx windshear alert

So you will still get the wind shear alerts in the NGX even without the wind shear options in ASN enabled?

Richard Åsberg

So you will still get the wind shear alerts in the NGX even without the wind shear options in ASN enabled?

The windshear still there, but you do not get the ASN aural alert.

Check in audio options... but i think you do not have ASN, because your question have no sense

The windshear still there, but you do not get the ASN aural alert.

Check in audio options... but i think you do not have ASN, because your question have no sense

Hi Robert,

ASN has had the wind shear option long before it was introduced in the NGX. Before the NGX got it's own wind shear alerts (and wx radar for that matter) both these were included in ASN meaning you could both see bad weather ahead as well as have aural wind shear alerts in any a/c.

Now that the NGX (finally) has its own wx radar and wind shear alerts I was wondering if the wind shear aural alerts in the NGX is independent of the wind shear aural alert options in ASN meaning if I keep the aural alerts enabled in ASN I might end up having double aural alerts coming from both ASN and the NGX at the same time?

Or...if the NGX relies on having the aural wind shear alert options in ASN enabled?

Not sure in what way you didn't think my question made sense?

Richard Åsberg

Found a way to test this by going to tools-debug in ASN and press the button to manually create wind shear conditions ahead of the aircraft so now I can answer my own question...you don't need to have the wind shear options in ASN enabled to get wind shear alerts in the NGX.

Richard Åsberg

Found a way to test this by going to tools-debug in ASN and press the button to manually create wind shear conditions ahead of the aircraft so now I can answer my own question...you don't need to have the wind shear options in ASN enabled to get wind shear alerts in the NGX.

There is no option in ASN to disable the windshear.

The option you can find in ASN setting/sound is just a aural alert (sound). This option is there in case you fly with a plane without windshear aural alert. Because PMDG737 have his own windshear, i think we do not need to set the ASN sound alert.

The diference between the two sound alert is that the ASN is more sensitive and advice you before the 737 weather radar.

You can not apreciate this detail if you create a windshear in tools-debug, you need to find it (a few dais ago i had a windshear in WMKK)

There is no option in ASN to disable the windshear.

The option you can find in ASN setting/sound is just a aural alert (sound). This option is there in case you fly with a plane without windshear aural alert. Because PMDG737 have his own windshear, i think we do not need to set the ASN sound alert.

The diference between the two sound alert is that the ASN is more sensitive and advice you before the 737 weather radar.

You can not apreciate this detail if you create a windshear in tools-debug, you need to find it (a few dais ago i had a windshear in WMKK)

Hmm...I thought I just explained all this quite clearly in post #18...?

I'm a member of the ASN beta team so I do know what options are available and the only reason I used the feature in ASN to manually trigger a wind shear condition ahead of the aircraft was to find the answer to my question.

Richard Åsberg