Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Orbx HD Trees question

Been seeing some great looking shots especially these cherry blossom type trees in spring and naked trees in winter now I am not seeing any of this - I thought all of the promotion screenshots were a factory flightsim install and only now I thinking Orbx was posting fat regions to sell their product - prove me wrong please - show me cherry blossoms and naked winter trees (please provide location and time of season) so I can enjoy what I thought I was getting - here is some shots I was referring to: thank you

169s4eg.jpg

Rich Sennett

I would first check in your FTX Central V2 under the Settings and make sure you have BOTH "Use Orbx trees" and "Use FTX Trees HD" checked. This is required in order to see the HD Trees. See page 7 of the FTX Trees HD User Guide.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

And as obvious as it probably is, you must apply as well, just checking the "HD" box won't get it - so what ever region or Global you are currently using, check the "HD Trees" in "Settings" and then go back to your active "region" and "Apply"...

I saw plenty of blossoming trees in the countryside around Kaliningrad- definitely not in a full-fat region. Time was set for May something (I'm not at home right now) 2015.

And as obvious as it probably is, you must apply as well, just checking the "HD" box won't get it - so what ever region or Global you are currently using, check the "HD Trees" in "Settings" and then go back to your active "region" and "Apply"...

I have checked off trees and hit apply - new orbx files are in the folder I checked they were not there before as its dated - very strange - thank you

I saw plenty of blossoming trees in the countryside around Kaliningrad- definitely not in a full-fat region. Time was set for May something (I'm not at home right now) 2015.

Thanks I will check around that area Rob

Rich Sennett

Well it seems the month of may worked thank you not as great looking in the USA as it is in Europe for some reason built in shadows looked superb as I didnt have vegetation shadows on - in the Northeast of USA - they are not as good looking and shadows are weird I know you dont have shadows on but not needed around Kaliningrad so I would assume I dont need them in the USA -  happy now and also see winter naked trees - thanks for the help

Rich Sennett

This what I mean about shadows - in Europe look nice in USA - Massachusetts not very nice

Europe

2zec9pw.jpg

USA - Massachusetts

33elt9h.jpg

Rich Sennett

Richard,

Set on RWY01 at KDCA fly at about 500 feet agl straight toward the Washington Mounment and you should see the Cheery Bloosom trees.  I just checked using todays date and they are there. :-)

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Richard,

Set on RWY01 at KDCA fly at about 500 feet agl straight toward the Washington Mounment and you should see the Cheery Bloosom trees.  I just checked using todays date and they are there. :-)

Billy Bluestar

Will do thanks - report back I would think it should be ok as I am seeing them now - only thing I did do different is run ftx central as admin

Set on RWY01 at KDCA 

I saw some nothing earth shattering - trees on very dense - boy that are is hard on the pc - thanks

Rich Sennett