Can someone who has the L-39 please check if you're getting a MSVCR80.dll CTD. It happens a few aeconds after loading the L-39.

The L-39 does not crash with ASN uninstalled.

I tried updating Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 and even different versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, bot no success:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          4/14/2015 3:58:49 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      JOSE-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.4940, time stamp: 0x4ca2b271
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process id: 0xbdc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d076ed2c2f8c6c
Faulting application path: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc\MSVCR80.dll
Report Id: aa14360f-e2e0-11e4-ba6c-14dae9065436
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-04-14T19:58:49.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3953</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>JOSE-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
    <Data>46fadb14</Data>
    <Data>MSVCR80.dll</Data>
    <Data>8.0.50727.4940</Data>
    <Data>4ca2b271</Data>
    <Data>c000000d</Data>
    <Data>00008aa0</Data>
    <Data>bdc</Data>
    <Data>01d076ed2c2f8c6c</Data>
    <Data>D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4940_none_d08cc06a442b34fc\MSVCR80.dll</Data>
    <Data>aa14360f-e2e0-11e4-ba6c-14dae9065436</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Thanks for checking.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I often flew the L-39 while testing various builds of ASN and experienced no issues. That said, I'm not sure I've tried that with the latest build, 5575. I'll try that this evening...in about 5 hours from now.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I often flew the L-39 while testing various builds of ASN and experienced no issues. That said, I'm not sure I've tried that with the latest build, 5575. I'll try that this evening...in about 5 hours from now.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks! I'm using the latest version SP2b. CTD with ASN installed. If I uninstall ASN, no CTD.

I'm not sure if I can use earlier builds.

Hi DJ,

Just taking a stab...have you updated or tried to repair your Microsoft C runtime library since that is the faulting module?

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi DJ,

Just taking a stab...have you updated or tried to repair your Microsoft C runtime library since that is the faulting module?

Devin,

Thanks for your input.

I uninstalled and reinstalled all the VC++ with no success. I still get the CTD.

I'm going to try SP1B. I hope this older build can still be used.

Jose

Hi DJ,

I also ran this tool: NetFxRepairTool

I can't thank you enough. SP1B works perfectly. No CTD. It was rock solid. SP2B is a no go for me.

I'll let Dave of HiFi know ASAP.

Just loaded the Lotus L-39 at PAJN with ASN running, build 5575 (the latest SP). No issues whatsoever. I'm running FSX Acceleration in DX10 mode.

DJ - could there be an AI traffic or scenery issue at work on your system? Just guessing here, though.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Just loaded the Lotus L-39 at PAJN with ASN running, build 5575 (the latest SP). No issues whatsoever. I'm running FSX Acceleration in DX10 mode.

DJ - could there be an AI traffic or scenery issue at work on your system? Just guessing here, though.

The L-39 does not crash with ASN SP1B. The L-39 crashes with ASN SP2B.

I can only deduce that there's something added on SP2B that causes issues with the L-39 on my system.

I'd have to be honest, as much as I LOVE ASN, I was already thinking about going with a different weather generator. Plus, 4 days later, and all I got from the developer was questions with no solutions. It wasn't suggested to go back to SP1. I'm not impressed at all by that kind of support.

The Lotus L-39 is my fav FSX airplane and I was not going to give it up when there are other weather generator options.

Update:

Hi-Fi has tried to eliminate the CTDs caused by ASN SP2. They have provided me with excellent support and want to fix the CTDs.

ASN is a must have add-on and I can now say that they provide outstanding Hi-Fi support.