Sign in to follow this  
pharque

Transferring Flight Sim Developers (FSD) files.

G'day all

I have Pilatus Porter files purchased from FSD and can use them on here, the online PC. I have put a copy of FSX on here, purely to prove I have the files and they work. When I try to transfer them to my Offline FSX ONLY PC I am told it is an illegal copy. I generally don't have any issues, having a number of aircraft in 'Simobjects' from several software labels, using both downloaded and CD based material. I have tried to get FSD to explain but they say read the manual. I am not trying to avoid paying. They do not post CD,s outside the US or I would have bought one. I want to either be able to use it on the FSX PC and delete the online PC files, or if not just delete, then call the purchase a learning experience, either is OK. I have tried to transfer to a thumb drive from 'FSX Files', from 'Simobjects' and from 'Aircraft' so far, with the same negative outcome. Has anyone any advice?

Regards Euqrahp 

Have you read the section of your manual dealing with installation on an offline computer?  You cannot transfer the files from the online machine to the offline machine.  You must follow the process in the manual - it tells you in some detail exactly what to do.  If you cannot understand it then just the delete the online files and have done with it.

DJ

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I followed those instructions "in detail" several times with no success. Those instructions also encourage to download to an 'online' computer. Other sources seem to have gone smoothly, so I just did as they suggested in the hope that it would work. I have transferred via thumb drive before without problems, once purchase has been registered and a code issued. In fact I have transferred my whole stock because of a failing mother board without fault. The PC is deliberately isolated from the internet and has nothing but FSX on it. No worries, I will put it down to incompatibility and try another builder if not advised otherwise.