Sign in to follow this  
Alpenman

Black Water

Hello all,

I've got P3d up and running with all my favorite addons and it runs great. FPS is good and I finally have the sim I've been waiting for!

Sounds great right?

I have one massive problem though, something strange is going on and I end up with lots of areas that have 'black' water. This is mostly refined to smaller lakes and rivers, but it is absolutely annoying. I know for a fact it's not my addons because I noticed the problem when I did the base install. I figured by adding REX and Global that it would clear up, but sadly it did not.

Any suggestions?

Black%20Water%20Problem.png

Hi, if you use also Global Vector...try to disable "Frozen Surface" under the water features tab.

Marko

Marko Barthel

vtadesign_bw.png

I figured out the "black water" problem finally after 2 weeks of experimenting with the settings. Turn OFF the Tessellation, uncheck it, then it says requires restart....do it! Water is now blue and bright again!

Mike A.    

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

I figured out the "black water" problem finally after 2 weeks of experimenting with the settings. Turn OFF the Tessellation, uncheck it, then it says requires restart....do it! Water is now blue and bright again!

Mike A.    

Hey Mike,

Just tried this and you're right, the black water is now blue again but the question begs to be asked. By disabling hardware tessellation to get blue water, what's the impact to features that rely on tessellation being enabled? 

Mike

Hey, Mike. I don't know what, if anything suffers from this setting, but the black water was killing me. Even the blue water and the tropical corals still sucks really bad....starting to like the standard FSX all the more! But, I bought LM so just hoping it will improve! 

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB