Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

EGLL London Heathrow (Aerosoft) for X-Plane released

I'm very curious to see what the performance is going to be like with this scenery.

NAX669.png

Looks good.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

OMG expensive day! A330 + EGLL!!

I can attest that the FSX version is very good, so that bodes well for the XP version.

how are the nights looking in the EGLL version. i was impressed with the day quality of the pics but i remember not being to impressed by the night shots. 

I went ahead and purchased the X-Plane version of Aerosoft's London Heathrow. I own the same scenery for FSX/P3D so I wasn't hopeful that the performance would be all that good. Aerosoft recommends turning down your scenery settings. This is becoming the norm for scenery designers these days. I did turn mine down a little but not enough to cripple my scenery in the sim. Here are some random shots. I added static aircraft to populate the airport since XPX's AI is fairly useless. These were taken with the JarDesign A320. The framerates stayed in the low to mid thirties with an occasional dip into the high twenties.

a320neo_70_zpsgmen5mwn.png

a320neo_71_zpsbclswkcc.png

a320neo_74_zpsnllje9lv.png

a320neo_77_zpsqnwzvdbw.png

a320neo_76_zpsgqcnukqt.png

a320neo_83_zpshm5wqfw0.png

a320neo_86_zpshmnigq74.png

a320neo_87_zpst7djrguw.png

a320neo_88_zpszacs5aqo.png

a320neo_89_zps5e4tae9f.png

NAX669.png

im not sure if its the pictures but the night shots still look bad. i have seen some great free airports who have had better night shots.

But idk maybe I'm seeing it wrong

An important hub indeed and the day shots look nice. Question regarding Mike's night shots: Are those with HDR on or off?

Asking because the illumination comes in very subtle. I could be spoiled by my RTH settings, so please read this statement of mine as a very subjective one.

I think I'll get this one nonetheless because I want to support the payware creation of those big airports. Could ignite some sparks, so to speak.

HDR is on. It was kind of throw it together screenshot fest. I was reluctant to spend the money since I got burned on Fly Tampa's Toronto, but this is some nice scenery IMO, and certainly heads and shoulders above the default offering. CoolP, I haven't installed RTH yet. What settings do you use?

NAX669.png

Thanks for the info, Mike.

I think I have to correct my statement on the subtle nature of the lighting since I was just looking at the approach shot while missing that the 'overfly' one indeed does offer some distinctive lights.

Now the RTH presets seem to cause even more pronounced light sources and that's why I mentioned my lets say bias in that regard. It could well be that I currently run my sim on a 'wow' setting instead of a realistic one. :blush: X-Plane nights are just awesome, even without RTH.

What settings do you use?

Using this download and mainly the preset 1 and 2, whereas 2 really enhances the light display.

The nice thing about RTH being that one can edit the settings on the fly to instantly check if e.g. cloud shadows turn out as desired. Same goes for the lights, bloom, and so on. One can also change the LOD bias which comes in handy with the airliners and dense scenery. All without reloading scenery or accessing the XP menus.

CoolP,

Thanks for the help with RTH. I've finally got it installed and am starting to play around with it. One thing I've noticed about this scenery, and it's the same for the FSX\P3D version, there are no blue lights lining the taxiways. Very odd.

NAX669.png

Good catch re: taxi lights. I cannot spot them in the review shots too, so it seems like there aren't any. I saw your thread over at Aerosoft, lets see what they have to say.

I believe that EGLL does not have blue taxi lights, only a center line.

I just found that out. I've never heard of that before.

NAX669.png

Bit of loss on my eyes, even a functional one. I'd rather miss some airport clutter than the taxiway outlines. :mellow:

Edited. But they seem to have a point since I cannot spot the blue outlines on the rw night shots from EGLL. Only green centrelines appear. Means it's a feature. :o