Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

EGLL London Heathrow (Aerosoft) for X-Plane released

CoolP, I  thought it was odd that both the XPX version and the FSX/P3D version would have the same error. The moderator over at Aerosoft let me know that there were no taxiway lights at the RW EGLL.

NAX669.png

Thanks for reaching out to the devs, Mike. Always something to learn.

On another occasion, how do you like the performance so far? In FSX, I recall this scenery being described as not too light. So does it still handle the case of detailed planes and perhaps some cloudy skies well or did you encounter any large fps drops? Your initial report sounded really good.

I am so happy this came out, Heathrow is one of the airports I use the most, and frames are quite reasonable given its complexity. I don't like to compromise too much on my rendering settings, so instead I choose to use AutoLod 1.3 to help out. To avoid losing too much scenery I retuned AutoLod to 25min / 35 max which still gives me good levels of detail on approach with the A330. On default settings (30min / 40max) most of the airport buildings were transparent on finals.

CP,

Like always with detailed scenery like this you might have to turn down some settings to keep it smooth. I didn't have to adjust too much and performance is good. In FSX/P3D this scenery is tough in frame rates but I think a lot of that has to do with the congestion of the London area. Much like New York.

NAX669.png

Finally got this beauty and can confirm that X-Plane receives a bit of a hit (RAM load for example) but handles it nicely.

I really like the superb details, although I usually stick to more basic means for the sake of saving resources. This however is a habit from the other/older platforms so I shall take this huge EGLL release as a sort of test bed.

I recommended it before: It really helps to be able to alter the LOD bias on the fly. RTH or the AutoLOD plugin offer this functionality and it's a neat trick when running detailed planes and weather.