What kind of frame rates are you getting in Xplane ?

You'll need to be more specific with add-ons, area and settings ... testing I did was with Aerosoft's Heathrow v1.01 using SkyMaxx Pro v2.1.1 and HD Mesh Scenery v3 Europe using Carenado's CT206H ... Aerosoft's airport was in 16-19 fps range, but it was OOM free.  Outside of Heathrow performance was OK able to hit my target 30 fps.

But I haven't spent much time with XP10, usually just to see what's new and test out any changes ... so there maybe some adjustments I'm not aware of to help on the performance front.

Cheers, Rob.

You'll need to be more specific with add-ons, area and settings ... testing I did was with Aerosoft's Heathrow v1.01 using SkyMaxx Pro v2.1.1 and HD Mesh Scenery v3 Europe using Carenado's CT206H ... Aerosoft's airport was in 16-19 fps range, but it was OOM free.  Outside of Heathrow performance was OK able to hit my target 30 fps.

But I haven't spent much time with XP10, usually just to see what's new and test out any changes ... so there maybe some adjustments I'm not aware of to help on the performance front.

Cheers, Rob.

How about KVNY with the default C-172 with the all of the slider maxed out ! and no clouds, max vis. What size monitor are you on ?

Don't use X-Plane but really haven't seen too much of a hit in most places at 4k using the TitanX over my old monitor at 2560x1600.  I think the Titan was under-worked at the lower resolution. 

With that being said the immersion factor and having the huge peripheral view is amazing.  Couldn't go back now.

You know there is Xplane-10 demo ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

How about KVNY with the default C-172 with the all of the slider maxed out ! and no clouds, max vis. What size monitor are you on ?

You know there is Xplane-10 demo ?

Rob is on a 4k monitor.  Size means nothing resolution means everything.  Also, just me being picky so I apologize but how about a please instead of a !  at the end of your request...

Yes I do know there is a demo, as I mentioned I don't use X-Plane though.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Are you sure, EVERYTHING maxed?  That's pretty insane ... but ok ... will report back.   3840 x 2160.  I'll try and make a video, but I've not been successful at getting nVidia Shadow play to work with XP10.35 even in Window mode.

i just spent 1800 ona 55 in 4k tv 240hz for p3d and people said my 970 won't pull it, so i screwed myself

I believe the original message is supposed to convey the idea that a large amount of currency was spent on a technical item which peers later suggested was too complex for the existing equipment to fully utilize, at which point an inappropriate sexual act was committed.

LOL culleydog32 and PieEater, made my day.

Presume don't need any AA with this monster?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

How about KVNY with the default C-172 with the all of the slider maxed out ! and no clouds,

Ok here ya go XP 10.35 maxed in 4K:

7-8 fps - 4.2 GB VAS used but only 2GB VRAM ... GPU is definitely not being utilized well.

Cheers, Rob

i was blown away on how well x-plane worked with full 4k on a 970, i don't have it completely maxed out but i am getting 40-50 fps.i tried both p3d and fsx-se, on my machine, fsx-se edition was the clear winner for me.pmdg is able to keep 35 fps with no traiffic and everything set to very dense,3840x2160 and why i have the option to go up to 4096x2160 i have no idea.steve W haha you made me laugh today.what surprises me, i am gonna order a stand to hold my flight controls, so i don't have to sit so close, but sitting about 2.5 feet away on a 55 inch screen, i don't see any blurry textures like i did with 1080p,i have my aa in fsx scenery fixer at 4x, but could probably get away with 2x or off, maybe rob could suggest some 4k settings for 4k flight simming.

maybe rob could suggest some 4k settings for 4k flight simming.

For XP10.35 definitely don't use what I did in the above video.  4X SSAA actually looks better IMHO than 8X SSAA + FXAA.

For P3D I've had good success with these: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Titan_X_4K_Set.html

Cheers, Rob.

Ok here ya go XP 10.35 maxed in 4K:

7-8 fps - 4.2 GB VAS used but only 2GB VRAM ... GPU is definitely not being utilized well.

Cheers, Rob

Thank you !

One more test if you don't mind ? My rendering setting are as follow: No clouds, vis max,

Capture_1.png

Edited by firehawk44
Removed video link in quote.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar