Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

QW757 P3D & SE good news

Eh, kind of sort of. Good news is the installers were updated to allow the plane to be installed on the aforementioned platforms, but support isn't being provided for either platform. One of them has a known issue and the other hasn't even really been tested, so seems more like a use at your own risk.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I believe the primary focus is on existing users that have been asking about it...... and also new users who didnt bother to read before purchasing it  :rolleyes:

Jay

Yep as long as they don't offer support i don't offer money. Common sense there.

Sure. Also common sense not to offer support when no testing has been done and when a known issue exists, so do what you have to do. 

I believe the primary focus is on existing users that have been asking about it...... and also new users who didnt bother to read before purchasing it  :rolleyes:

Pretty much. They're pretty much finished with that version of the 757 anyhow. Any additional work for that aircraft would be an entirely new version of the 757 rather than continued work on the existing 757.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Eh, kind of sort of. Good news is the installers were updated to allow the plane to be installed on the aforementioned platforms, but support isn't being provided for either platform. One of them has a known issue and the other hasn't even really been tested, so seems more like a use at your own risk.

What is the issue, and on which platform? Hopefully not with FSX:SE. I'm assuming that the issues are with P3D as it is a very different platform but you never know...

Messed around with the QW757 last night around Redding. It does fine. The dark displays during night only happened during one of the P3Dv2.5 hotfixes but has since been fixed by a superseding fix.

Only issue I currently encounter is that when I disconnect the autopilot, either the ailerons or elevators take their sweet time coming back alive. Luckily, it's never both... That and the "liteness" is just a tad too much...

post removed - abusive language

I don't use either FSX:SE or P3D, so this actually doesn't impact me as an FS9 user, but the main point I was trying to make is that they aren't going to provide support if they haven't even tested it in one case or a known issue exists in another case. Other than that, I was actually in agreement with you in that I wouldn't buy something if they didn't offer support, either. But as was pointed out in a previous post, several people were asking about it, and others failed to read any information about the product before they bought it.

What is the issue, and on which platform? Hopefully not with FSX:SE. I'm assuming that the issues are with P3D as it is a very different platform but you never know...

The issue seems to be with some visual incompatibilities (their words) when flying at night in P3D. As for FSX:SE, they have not done much, if any, testing with it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg