Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A Update 4-15-15 available

Dreamfleet Dakota? Great plane for its time!

Yeah the Dakota evolved from the Cherokee 235 much like the Archer evolved from the Cherokee 180. The early 235s having the shorter fuselage and fitted with the longer Hershey wings from the Cherokee Six. The earlier 235s actually had a higher payload capacity than the Dakota which had higher useful loads than the 182.

This is a good article comparing the 182 with the 235/Dakota.

http://www.airbum.com/articles/ArticleSkylaneDakota.html

Cheers

TJ

I think you'll enjoy the Cherokee alot Elaine,  it's VC is one of the tops in all of FS IMHO.  The 'new' Cessnas have a very 'sterile' feel to them IRL.  the Cherokee is very '60s' and quite charming,  I never thought I would have so much fun in a mundane 120kt plane like the Cherokee lol.  But there is something about it, I actually enjoy it a little more than the 182.  A real joy to fly by hand too, especially with it's clunky old autopilot which is really only good for giving your arm a break during cruise.  It forces you to fly by hand more often....which is a very good thing after being inundated by the IPAD generation of technology.   B)

If only A2A could be tempted to do the Cherokee 235....which was Piper's competitor to the 182.  Great Cherokee handling + payload/performance of the 182. 

Cheers
TJ

I mean the Flight 1 will be my next purchase,    I have the Cherokee and the C182,  your spot on TJ the VC in the Cherokee can only be described as magical, the dark old school textures.   Love the C182 too,  but as you said there is just something about the Cherokee that has that edge above the rest.

I didn't realize the Flight 1 750 had the pop-up screen as well until Bert pointed it out to me,   which is a big winner as i thought you had to zoom right into the VC to see your GPS,  so yes good stuff all around,  2 items for the price of one. 

Now TJ let me ask you a very important question,  an imperatively important question that future happiness rely's on.  What do you think will be the next A2A release,  i know its a very well keep secret whilst in development,   but if you had to make a guess what do you think it might be?  OR what would you like it to be ?  

Me ?  I'm only a relatable new Simmer so anything at all from A2A would be  A2A-tastic  :rolleyes:

I mean the Flight 1 will be my next purchase,    I have the Cherokee and the C182,  your spot on TJ the VC in the Cherokee can only be described as magical, the dark old school textures.   Love the C182 too,  but as you said there is just something about the Cherokee that has that edge above the rest.

I didn't realize the Flight 1 750 had the pop-up screen as well until Bert pointed it out to me,   which is a big winner as i thought you had to zoom right into the VC to see your GPS,  so yes good stuff all around,  2 items for the price of one. 

Now TJ let me ask you a very important question,  an imperatively important question that future happiness rely's on.  What do you think will be the next A2A release,  i know its a very well keep secret whilst in development,   but if you had to make a guess what do you think it might be?  OR what would you like it to be ?  

Me ?  I'm only a relatable new Simmer so anything at all from A2A would be  A2A-tastic  :rolleyes:

LOL you might as well ask me to predict a winning lotto number. A2A has a funny way of surprising us. For awhile they were predictable, in that they announced very early on what was 'next'...ie after the Spitfire, we all knew the P-40 was next, and then knew the P-51 was next..etc. After the Cherokee, I and a few others would have bet money.....and lost...that they were going to release a V-35 next. It made sense at the time lol, then they dropped the 182 on us completely out of the blue.

We do know that a Piper Seminole, AT-6, T-33 are future possibilities, the T-33 eventually leading to an F-104 (hopefully). We do know that they have a completed 'shell' of a V35, and likely a Comanche as well, only A2A hows much 'stuff' they have completed for those projects. Scott recently bought a real Piper Aerostar for their business transport needs, so that is also an accusim possibility down the road.

Based on all this, if I were to bet on what we know, I think either a Cherokee expansion or retractable single, ala V35/Comanche are a very strong choice to be next.  Second guess would be the AT-6.

Of course Scott and Lewis are probably reading this, laughing, thinking...'They have no idea what we're gonna spring on them'  :lol:

Still we can dream of our favorite choices anyway lol..."....Accusimmed Beech 18.... :wub: "  I would get carpal tunnel.....from flying it of course. :lol:

Cheers

TJ

If only A2A could be tempted to do the Cherokee 235....which was Piper's competitor to the 182. Great Cherokee handling + payload/performance of the 182.

Couldn't agree more.  Originally, A2A had talked about doing engine options including the 235, but I expect the reality of doing so got a bit complex given the level of detail A2A models.

I'm still holding out on the Cherokee because of, well, the 172. I don't fly the 172 much (nothing wrong with the plane, it's a great model - I just prefer at least having a CS prop) and it seems silly to have two simpler planes like the 172 and Cherokee.  If only the Cherokee had come out first.  But if they ever did the 235 or perhaps even the newer Dakota with the semi-tapered wing, I'd be right there.

Based on all this, if I were to bet on what we know, I think either a Cherokee expansion or retractable single, ala V35/Comanche are a very strong choice to be next. Second guess would be the AT-6.

And if they did a V35, I'd be all in even faster than for a 235!

Scott

I think either a Cherokee expansion

Thank you for the detailed reply.

TJ,  what do mean when you say a Cherokee expansion

Hope i got these rite

The AT-6 Texan

16558599734_e4a9caaa18_b.jpgaircraft-planes_other_at-6-texan-mcdonald-racer_90063.jpgFFF by *poppet*, on Flickr

And wow the  Beech 18

17179358552_b0741ce5a2_b.jpgBeech C-45H by *poppet*, on Flickr

Its all good,  very good. 

Thank you for the detailed reply.

TJ,  what do mean when you say a Cherokee expansion

Well a Cherokee expansion could mean the Cherokee 235/Dakota, Arrow, Cherokee Six...etc A Dakota would allow them to explore the Piper Taperwing design, giving us the Piper equivalent to the C182. Speaking of expansions, a C182 expansion could be a strong possibility too, such as a bush/float package or a T182T Turbocharged expansion.

Again this is pure speculation, They could release an accusimmed glider for all we know lol.

Cheers

TJ

Well a Cherokee expansion could mean the Cherokee 235/Dakota, Arrow, Cherokee Six...etc A Dakota would allow them to explore the Piper Taperwing design, giving us the Piper equivalent to the C182

Thank you TJ, I understand you now   :rolleyes: