Sign in to follow this  
donjbravo

737NGX, Opencockpits MCP and Saitek Pro - Help needed

I'm having a control issue when using the 737NGX, along with the Opencockpits MCP, OCP4NGX and the Saitek Pro USB Joystick.

I use the FPUIPC along with tthe Saitek Pro Joystick for the main controls , FS is disabled, and the OCP4NGX program to handle the interface between the Opencockpits P&P modules I have installed, i.e. EFIS< FMC and MCP, along with the MIP Expansion cards.

Everything work fine, loads OK, right up until I press the C/O button on the MCP, which you are asked to do to get everything lined up.

The interfaces work fine, from the MCP perspective, but the only bad thing that happens is that all of a sudden the previous OK movement of the Joystick in all axes, has made the movement of the joystick operate now over a  very small range, in all axes, which isn't very conducive for a safe flight. 

I've tried in the condition to change the values using FSUIPC, but with no change, so I'm frankly at a loss of what to do, and programming just isn't my best discipline, so any suggestions would be helpful

Regards

Don

I own a few flight deck solutions products like the 737 TQ and the FMC with the FMC bay!

How you enjoying the opencockpits stuff? I know you are having trouble the now.

Vernon Howells

Vernon,

By in large the whole kit for me is just great.  So far I have just the Captains's side, but kitted with all opencockpits products. My reasoning was that if I stayed with the same manufacturer, with mostly P&P equipment I couldn't go too wrong, and apart from the issue I'm having now, with the joystick control axes everything is OK.

Incidental the throttle part of the Saitek works OK, along with the buttons that have been assigned, its just the main control surfaces are giving me the issue when I press the C/O button on the MCP.  I've spoken with Roar at OCP4U and he assures me its not anything coming from his program and suggested I have a good look at the FSUIPC interface, which I have done diligently, setting everything up, and again all OK until the big button press on the MCP.

I'm hoping someone has had a similar issue and perhaps a solution.  

Thanks for responding

Don

Sorry to hear of your issues. 

Have you got photos of your setup? as i'm looking into getting my own build in the future. Have you got the cockpit shell ?

Vernon Howells