Sign in to follow this  
elee

Dxdiag.exe error after installing PMDG 737-ngx (Crash)

Hello friends.
After 700 hours of flight, I saw that it was time for a higher level of flight. For this reason, I decided to purchase and install the PMDG 737. However, from the moment of installation, I had a very frustrating bug that crash my FSX.
I have seen in the System Explorer (6.2.0.5306) that dxdiag.exe once or several times just before the crash occur up and tries to do something and then comes the crash.
I have very controlled my system upgrades and record everything that we install in FSX, and before installing the PMDG 737 did not have this error.

This error I got from and 20 days ago. I have not reinstalled Nothing to alter the environment and be able to find the fault.

currently:

nvidea drive: 347.52
PMDG 737NGX (737-800 / 900) - FSX: 1.10.6461

GTX 780 with default parameters. No OC.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Hello friend, please use full name in PMDG forum posts (see forum rules for clarification).

You provided a little information, none of which helps.  All we know is you installed NGX and FSX crashes.  When does it crash, immediately on selection?  What type of crash, do you get an error message or it simply crashes to desktop CTD?  Assuming you followed the suggestions for installation in the introduction (very important).  What is your OS, Win7 or Win8?  Use the event viewer to find specifics on the application crash, I don't think the System Explorer is providing you relevant information.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the prompt response.

The crash are constant after installing PMDG 737-800 / 900, and usually occur in mid-flight (Example:. 37,000 feet ENGM to LSZH). Or groud after landing (Example: Aerosoft-LFPG). Simply FSX closes.
In some cases the log eveng windows AppHangTransient leaves a message. But what if you've noticed is that always, coincide crash when dxdiag.exe starts running.

I have been following the VAS and I always have enough available memory, so it is not lack of Virtual Memory.
My FPS fluids are almost always between 27-29 FPS. As I indicated, I did not have before these problems. They followed immediately with the 737-NGX.
I have done other flights with other aircraft and the problem does not occur.

Here are some parameters of my team:
Memorial: 24Gb
GTX 780. No Overclock. Driver version: 347.52
PMDG 737NGX (737-800 / 900) - FSX: 1.10.6461
FSX.CFG: Discrete Parameters. (FFTF = 0.15) (Textures = 1024) (HIGHMEMFIX = 1) (LOD_RADIUS = 4.5)
Nvidia Inspector: (Vertical Sync = ½ Refresh Rate), (Antialiasing = 8XS Combined: 1x2 + 4x SS MS), (Antialiasing Transparency = 2x SGSS), (Anisotropic = 8x)

SweetFX, ASN, Orbx FTX Central and products, Scenery ConfigEdit 1.1.3 (To activate only the scenery of departure), My Traffic, REX 4 (for textures), FDC Live C, FS Captain, Radar C.

IMPORTANT: 3 monitors 23 "Surround Nvidea. Total resolution of 5760x1080 @ 60Hz

This is most important, if you need more information gladly.

Sorry for my English. It is not my native language

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

SweetFX

Unless you feel this is correctly installed and operating, I would uninstall this. When I installed it, the FSX logbook quit working. When I uninstalled the FSX logbook started working. Something to consider. However, SweetFX caused no problems with the NGX.

Puzzled was to why dxdiag is being launched (it's not PMDG), I have no idea what SweetFX is but Michael has the right idea. Start simplifing.

You didn't mention if the crash was an error message or a CTD.  Also, is this an appHang event or one of those two types of crashes?  Odd that the event viewer is not reporting the error every time. The event view is found in Computer Management and you are looking for application errors in past hour... should be easy to find.

If you are having appHang events, the simulator will unfreeze and start running after 5-8 min.  Big difference between freeze and crash.  I would not have guessed you're not an English first speaker, your English is good.

Dan Downs KCRP

Again thanks for the replies. Any ideas for me is good because it gives me a path to take.

Dan, the error you have is a CTD, simply FSX closes. Nor is the standard error of 5 to 8 minutes frozen and then activated. This error was corrected long ago with affinity in the FSX.CFG.
I understand that the PMDG can not be the direct cause of the crash, but indirectly on my computer itself. Sometimes I think the dxdiag.exe is activated to diagnose any exes load video and makes CTD.
Silly question: You can remove or disable any service dxdiag.exe?

Puzzled was to why dxdiag is being launched (it's not PMDG), I have no idea what SweetFX is but Michael has the right idea. Start simplifing.

You didn't mention if the crash was an error message or a CTD.  Also, is this an appHang event or one of those two types of crashes?  Odd that the event viewer is not reporting the error every time. The event view is found in Computer Management and you are looking for application errors in past hour... should be easy to find.

If you are having appHang events, the simulator will unfreeze and start running after 5-8 min.  Big difference between freeze and crash.  I would not have guessed you're not an English first speaker, your English is good.

Unless you feel this is correctly installed and operating, I would uninstall this. When I installed it, the FSX logbook quit working. When I uninstalled the FSX logbook started working. Something to consider. However, SweetFX caused no problems with the NGX.

Mmm, as you say ... may be something with the SweetFX. I have it for more than 1 year and have never had problems with other aircraft. But it may be that this loading somehow my graphic adactador with the PMDG.
I'll try a flight without SweetFX.

Michael, you use some SweetFX or ENB?
I remember sometime Use ENB but had many CTD.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Look for what is executing dxdiag.  When called, it disables important stuff like direct3d which might be the reason you are having a CTD.

I do not think FSX or PMDG execute dxdiag, at least I've not seen this problem in past 9 years.  According to Microsoft, dsdiag.exe is integral part of OS and cannot be removed, so you have to find the program that uses it.  I am confident that ASN, Orbx FTX Central and products, Scenery ConfigEdit 1.1.3 are not the problem.

Run dxdiag from the start menu (enter dxdiag.exe into search field and select dxdiag.exe in search results).  If it is crashing then you have a problem outside my limited knowledge.

Dan Downs KCRP

Michael, you use some SweetFX or ENB?

I never used ENB and I uninstalled SweetFX about a year ago.

Update # 1

- I have completely removed any shader or injector as SweetFX and CTD are definitely less but continue. I think SweetFX force a little more performance video card and this more PMDG 737 high textures cause is of the mysterious lifting of Service dxdiag.exe and then the CTD. Last night when I was landing at FSDreamTeam KJFK with the PMDG 737 (No SweetFX), just when you load the scenery and more video resources demand, dxdiag.exe and seconds later got up the damn CTD.

Well I at least know that is not the SweetFX who was one of the main suspects.

- Today I returned the nvidia driver 340.xx and I will make a flight between KJFK - KATL

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Run dxdiag from the start menu (enter dxdiag.exe into search field and select dxdiag.exe in search results).

Did you try this Eduardo?  This will rule out a defective dxdiag.exe file, which according to Google search, does happen to some.

Dan Downs KCRP

Did you try this Eduardo?  This will rule out a defective dxdiag.exe file, which according to Google search, does happen to some.

Hi Dan

I just made your application and have something to say to this.

1- run dxdiag.exe well. The record remains in the system explorer is:

File name: dxdiag.exe

Action: Process Started

Details: Parent Filename =

Command line: C: \ Windows \ SysWoW64 \ dxdiag.exe

2- But when I get the CTD logged in the System Explorer:

File name: dxdiag.exe

Action: Process Started

Deatalles: Parent Filename = X: \ FSX_DX9 \ fsx.exe

Command Lines: dxdiag.exe / t C: \ Users \ elee \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ FSX \ dxdiag.txt

In the second option when given the CTD appears that the FSX lifts dxdiag.exe

Had already updated the DirectX before last week to avoid corrupt files

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

There's an expert Windows developer that posts here occasionally, SteveW, who can help you. Maybe he will join the thread. I'm afraid that I'm not well versed in DirectX programming.

Also, maybe it's time to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support at support.precisionmanuals.com open a support account if you not done so already.

Please post how it gets fixed, thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

There's an expert Windows developer that posts here occasionally, SteveW, who can help you. Maybe he will join the thread. I'm afraid that I'm not well versed in DirectX programming.

Also, maybe it's time to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support at support.precisionmanuals.com open a support account if you not done so already.

Please post how it gets fixed, thanks.

I will post the solution to my problem here.

I hope to be lucky and SteveW bind here.

Now I have a ticket with PMDG and also hope they can do something for me.

thanks

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

I know I'm chiming in on an old thread here but I'm wondering if there was any resolution? I've been tearing my hair out trying to get my install working perfectly but I keep getting CTD crashes.

Tonight I decided to run in window mode, open up Process Explorer to monitor the VAS used (Approx 3-3.2GB). I also used shadow play as I had noticed Process Explorer picking up on something closing (red line). 

As ever, everything was going great (20 minutes into a flight) then all of a sudden CTD. No warning, nothing at all. I've had a look in the event viewer under Custom Views but there's nothing in there at all relating to the crash. The ONLY thing I have to go on is from when I reviewed the recording from Shadow Play. It shows that DXDiag.exe briefly opened and closed at the moment of the crash. I can only assume, after a lot of searching, that it's exactly the same problem described by the op. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System info:

6700k i7 processor

GTX 1080 8GB (Notebook)

16GB Ram

Windows 10 x64

Install is on its own SSD drive

Thanks

Could be anything, although since it's DX it seems likely a graphics type issue, maybe missing texture or corrupt model data, but it could be a missing sound file or controller malfunction or even a permissions issue.

You can try things like fly on the other side of the world, or with another plane, and can peel back the sim to stock turning off scenery and addons. Rename dll.xml and exe.xml for a test, or at least have a look at those.

Check in the Windows CP add/remove programs for proper entries of .NET and c++ libs.

In extreme cases, renaming sim folders and reinstalling the sim can swap out the entire sim for stock if need be. Deleting the new folders and renaming back the originals to restore the sim to normal. Takes some know-how to do that but in those cases it's sometimes less work compared to completely uninstall and freshly install the sim for fault finding.

I hope to be lucky and SteveW bind here.

A bit late now, sorry I missed the discussion back then. I hope you got it working in the end.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com