Sign in to follow this  
mystific

FMS database

I have a issue with the J41 fmc. When I am initializing and choosing waypoints some are found in the database and some are not. Does anyone know how this can be and where I can look to debug this.

I have airac 1407

I tried a couple:

It can find: KLAX, EDFH,

It cannot find: ESSA, EFVA, EFHK, ESNU.

Has anyone come across this before?

Not heard of this before, have you tried to find them in other PMDG addons (if you have them), as they all share the same AIRAC database?

Also have you tried inputting the airport codes in to the DEPARTURE page instead of the FPN?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hi!

I tried both as initialization and as direct-to but it could not be found in any of them.

I have the 737NGX installed and that works fine with the AIRAC.

Departure page worked strangely enough, and init worked using the local VOR but not the airport designator ESNU :P

Hi.

I'm using AIRAC cycle 1413 and they all appear in the fmc. I used the direct entry as you would when entering way points.

If you can, double check which AIRAC you're using. I know I had problems installing mine and had to do it manually.

The navdata (except sidstars) is in PMDG\NAVDATA folder and sidstars in PMDG\SIDSTARS folder. Easy to find.  File names are almost self explanatory.  KLAX should have a sidstar file named klas.txt and appear in airport.dat, wpNavAPT.txt and wpNavAID.txt.  Also easy with a text editor.  If you find KLAX in those places then you must have something wrong with the way you enter information.  Have you flown the tutorial?

Full names on posts in the PMDG forums please.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi downscc,

I did check the navdata files and compared the entries of two airports in the airport.dat file (airac 1308 and 1407 and the airports KLAX and ESNU). The KLAX airport enters without a hitch and it displys its coordinates and that it is an airport. the ESNU is not found (the fmc does nothing when i click enter several times). The airports are both listed in airport.dat.

Chintzo, I will try to reinstall the airac but the installed and the 1308 airac both had the airports in the same fashion.

//M

Full names on posts in the PMDG forums please.  I listed several files, all required, and you only mentioned one.

Dan Downs KCRP