Sign in to follow this  
afraj

PMDG User General Question

I mostly fly out of Dubai using PMDG 777, Dubai time is ahead from GMT by four hours. In FSX local time at DXB only shows 3 hour ahead. Is there any options within FSX that regulates time between local and GMT or possibly an outside program.

Always use GMT/UTC.  Eliminates need to worry about time zones.  FSX/P3D have problems with Local=>UTC in the free flight or scenario setup screen if your local zone is different from zone you want to start flight at but once you launch the flight go to World Time/Season and set the time to UTC.  Works every time that way.

Dan Downs KCRP

Always use GMT/UTC. Eliminates need to worry about time zones. FSX/P3D have problems with Local=>UTC in the free flight or scenario setup screen if your local zone is different from zone you want to start flight at but once you launch the flight go to World Time/Season and set the time to UTC. Works every time that way.

IIRC P3D was fixed/improved to a certain degree, but I might be wrong.

The problem with wrong LT is that AI traffic like UT2 uses RW airline schedules written in LT... So with timezones and daylight saving times being "off course" AI traffic gets confused...

BTW: having the option to choose date and time with seasons changing, allowing ASN historical weather with scenario recapitulation is something I miss quite a lot in XP10, which I am using for the last month now...

UT2 uses RW airline schedules

Real world as in almost two years old with routes older than that.  LOL, I can't imagine this being an issue.  I admit I miss the airport traffic but I quit running AI traffic because I got tired of the simplified routing used by most AI and even UT, in which you can set routes for city pairs, was unrealistic because I don't have the time to correct every city pair at every airport I use. Got tired of it, but oh yes I miss seeing aircraft on the tarmac.

Dan Downs KCRP