Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird 217

Problem with Aerosoft Madrid in P3D - Buildings on Runway

I have an issue with Aerosoft's Mega Airport Madrid in P3D. I know this is not officially supported in P3D, but maybe somebody more familiar with how scenery works has a clue how to fix this.

Depending on where exactly I am on the airport, buildings suddenly move their position.

For example, when I enter RWY 36L everything is fine. As soon as I move down the runway, a building pops up in the middle of the runway.

2015-4-12_14-48-53-511_zpslgk9wwfl.png

2015-4-12_14-48-50-714_zps1ii3vvun.png

I tried a few general things like checking the AFX file for errors, disabling the default airport file...nothing works.

I found a few other threads on this on the internet with people having the same problem but nobody seems to have a clue how to fix this.

Anybody here that has an idea? It doesn't seem to be a conflict with default scenery but rather something funny going on in a bgl of the Aerosoft scenery...

I would really like to fly to Madrid but currently that is impossible...any help is appreciated!

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Hi Max,

have you been able to solve this issue? I am interested in buying Madrid, but also a P3D user.

I have Barcelona installed in FSX and pointed the P3D scenery library to that folder and it works fine.

Cheers 

Perry

Regards, Perry

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution so far.

This seems to be a common issue...Barcelona works fine for me, just Madrid causing problems with shifting buildings.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Well as I understand LEMD is NOT compatible with P3D v2.5, so that might be the problem.  :lol: NO not even by using EMT!!!!!

Jack

nave1b.bgl is the file that moves buildings on to the runway.  Remove that from the Madrid Barajas 2008/scenery directory (or take a moment to fix it using ModelConverterX).

MAD_RWY.bgl also seems to create problems around some taxiways (placing walls across them) - though this is in the older area of the airport.  MAD_RWY.bgl cannot be fixed using ModelConverterX, but removing it does not seem to adversely affect the field.

The lights patch from simmershome should sort out the night lighting.

Bryn.

• Upvote 1

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Hi guys

For buildings disappear half tracks and taxis have to go to the Scenery folder Madrid Barajas 2008 and nave1b.bgl disable file as always, renaming it to nave1b.OFF, and voila, problem solved.

Excuse my English, I used Google Translator.

Luis López. (Spain)

Better to recompile nave1b.bgl as a P3Dv2 bgl using ModelConverterX.  It's easy, and keeps the buildings in their normal spot. PM me if you want help. Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr