Sign in to follow this  
tomshill007

Both FDs are master

Holding next to the runway, I can set my FD to master and Co pilot FD on, I then arm auto throttle... Then I arm lnav and vnav... But when I press the n1 toga press spot, both FDs turn master and lnav and vnav go off. Then during take off roll I have to turn off both FDs, turn them both back in, followed by lnav and vnav.

It's normal to have both FD master lights on under certain situations.  Page 4.20.4 under Automatic Flight systems description explains when independent FD operation occurs.  It will happen when neither AP is engaged, both FD switches are on and one of the following conditions exist:

- APP mode engaged with LOC and GS captured

- GA mode engaged and below 400 feet RA

- TO mode engaged and below 400 feet RA

What happens if you just continue the takeoff?

When engines reach n1 the yellow master caution light comes on, and there is the take off configuration warning horn.

The only way to stop it is disengaging both like I said in the first post?

and there is the take off configuration warning horn.

If your getting  this warning  than you havnt  set up the ngx  for  take off correctly?   flaps set as per fmc  etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

tomshill007, on 17 Apr 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

and there is the take off configuration warning horn.

If your getting  this warning  than you havnt  set up the ngx  for  take off correctly?   flaps set as per fmc  etc

Thats why you the PF should always do a Takeoff Review items

Of the 3 killers -

SPOILERS

FLAPS

TRIM

And anything else after that like SID Stop alt, EOSID, any specials. BLEEDS etc

Ohh just to add while taxing out you can quickly advance your throttles and listen out for any config warning horn saves going off after hitting TOGA

Vernon Howells

When engines reach n1 the yellow master caution light comes on, and there is the take off configuration warning horn.

The only way to stop it is disengaging both like I said in the first post?

What lights are you getting on the six-packs along with the master caution light?

Just climbing now in the ngx and during take off there was no master caution this time but still dual master FDs and lnav and vnav disarming, definitely no problem with take off configuration.

Going to be factory reseting my laptop in a few days, so will see if clean install does the trick.

Did you even read the FCOM reference I posted?  Both FD master lights illuminating isn't a bug.  Continue the takeoff and you will find that LNAV will engage at 50 feet, VNAV will engage at 400 feet and the FD master light for the inactive side will got out at 400 feet.

You are doing a clean install to fix a problem that does not exist.

Normal operation of Takeoff mode
Suggest reinstalling :P lol

Did you even read the FCOM reference I posted? Both FD master lights illuminating isn't a bug. Continue the takeoff and you will find that LNAV will engage at 50 feet, VNAV will engage at 400 feet and the FD master light for the inactive side will got out at 400 feet.

You are doing a clean install to fix a problem that does not exist.

!!!! He said its normal, and he is right!!!

The master caution is probably a result of the overwing exit flight lock, a known problem in the real aircraft.

As for the takeoff config horn - since you refuse to listen to reason and you won't read the ****** manual, I would guess that you forgot to set flaps or trim. Use the checklists in the Normal Checklists in the QRH!

Brian Nellis

This post is directed at OP and not Joe Diamond. The OP needs to read what Joe has posted. Thanks Peteauau

Brian Nellis

As for the takeoff config horn - since you refuse to listen to reason and you won't read the ****** manual, I would guess that you forgot to set flaps or trim. Use the checklists in the Normal Checklists in the QRH!

Think your directing  your comment  to the wrong  user  here  since Joe  not the one  with issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg